INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "skip" / "do not play" list?  (Read 1366 times)

zurn

• Junior Woodchuck
"skip" / "do not play" list?
« on: June 09, 2004, 08:27:45 pm »

Forgive this silly question, but this has been a feature of MJ/MC for some time, but i can't seem to find it now.

Where can i tell MC to "not play" the files in a designated list--even if they're chosen by a smartlist query?

thanks
s
-steve

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re:"skip" / "do not play" list?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 09:45:05 pm »

I think this function has now been incorporated in Access Control. You should be able to exclude anything that matches a search criterion. It's not quite the same, since they don't show up at all, but it's pretty close.

zurn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 09:44:28 am »

I think this function has now been incorporated in Access Control. You should be able to exclude anything that matches a search criterion. It's not quite the same, since they don't show up at all, but it's pretty close.

Yes, i was looking at that and thought that might be it, but the reasons for it are totally different.

I'm a little annoyed if it's really not there anymore, because this has been a feature of MJ since i've used it (ver 7), and i really like it.  

Why remove a feature like that that has been there for so long?

Since i couldn't find any threads about it, obviously it's not a big deal to anyone but me, but i noticed a few changes between some version of 10 and another (can't remember which) that removed some "ease-of-use" functionality to MC, but this one really complicates things for me.

anyway, i'd really love it if you put some of that stuff back!

love,

steve
-steve

JohnS

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 01:51:40 pm »

Thanx for posting this question.. I've been looking for the "skip list"/do not play list for awhile!

I'm using a pretty simple work-around:
* Create a play list named "Skip List".
* Enable Access Control and create a rule that essentially says:
Not Playlist: Skip List

Then just add the tracks you want to skip to the "Skip List".
Pages: [1]   Go Up