INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mangled tracks  (Read 902 times)

balcy

• Recent member
  • Sometimes, the bear wins...
Mangled tracks
« on: July 20, 2004, 12:46:30 pm »

I have been using MC 9.1.317 with a 40 GB Ipod for several months. About a month ago I noticed several track name tags had been changed in MC -- i.e. the track name was replaced with the file name. I use the standard file name format (artist - album - track# - name.mp3). When opening those files they no longer matched the original artist and in some cases were a mixture of several different tracks all on the same MP3! A song would play they half way through another would suddenly take over mid stream or the track would start somewhere in the middle and not the beginning. I went through and replaced the damaged files with files on a tape backup (which were OK) and re-imported them into the library.

Last night I was going through the incomplete album list and noticed several once complete albums were now on the incomplete list. Looking at the file names some no longer matched the tags, etc. What could be causing this?

I am afraid to do another complete tape backup as it is the only way to recover damaged files and not have to re-rip several 100 CD's.

It appears to be not only be a library problem with the tags but also a physical one as the MP3 tracks on the hard drive are being modified as well.

Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Mangled tracks in MC
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 01:03:22 pm »

Disk problems?

balcy

• Recent member
Re:Mangled tracks in MC
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 01:15:55 pm »

Hmmm. I will check that is it would make sense. Although, why would the tags still be legible???

balcy

• Recent member
Re:Mangled tracks
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 01:28:47 pm »

I checked the file system and it checked out OK. I am running XP Pro sp/1 with NTFS. All the MP3's are in their own partition which is only 25% full. At least Norton Disk Doctor could find no errors and no bad sectors on the disk... ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up