INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.145 Available  (Read 6644 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 10.0.145 Available
« on: June 02, 2004, 04:50:23 pm »

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT BUGS.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POST HERE, see the index for the board.  Posts that ask questions or start discussions will usually be moved.

The latest version of MC10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100145.exe

PRICE and UPGRADE info is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.145 (6/2/04)
1. Fixed: Wait dialog could steal the focus from other programs in some cases.
2. NEW: Added Restart command to MJP file command list.
3. Fixed: On-the-fly conversion of music for TiVo playback was not working in some cases.

Matthew

• World Citizen
Re:Media Center 10.0.145 Available
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 05:42:12 pm »

Media Center crashes playing the movie "Falling down". It crashed after 40 minutes of playback.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 01:36:46 am »

You mean it fell down?  ;) (Sorry, couldn't resist!) What video and audio filters do you use? And did this happen around a pause action or something like that?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Chili-Jam

• World Citizen
  • same same ... but different
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 03:32:13 am »

Bug in: Save this view -> for this location and sublocations

It works with viewschemes but it doesn't work for the sublocations if applied to a playlistgroup.

Vipman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 08:51:01 am »

On the "Start" page, clicking on any of the links that show up under "New to MEDIA CENTER?" opens up a Media Center Help window with an error indicating "The page cannot be displayed".  This has never worked for me, even using previous versions of Media Center.  

(Had reported this for build 144 right before 145 was released.  Problem still exists in build 145 though)

[Update - 6/8]

This mysteriously started working again today, so for now I'm going to attribute this to something strange with my setup.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
  • Negopus: negotium, otium et opus
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 09:15:12 am »

Bug in: Save this view -> for this location and sublocations

It works with viewschemes but it doesn't work for the sublocations if applied to a playlistgroup.

Well, this is not new. I already reported this behaviour for MC 9.1. It gratly limits the flexibility of the program.

skarsol

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 11:30:53 am »

The problem still persists where if I do "Replace and Play" on a folder containing MP3s (no playlist) through the explorer shell Media Center will load, place the last item from what was in the Playing Now list when it was open previously and nothing else and not start playing. This happens the first time this action is perform on each restart of the computer. Subsequent Replace and Plays work as expected.

I've been reporting this problem since like .12X and have never even received an acknowledgment that the problem exists. Should I chalk it up to a problem with my setup if you are unable to duplicate it?

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 11:51:52 am »

2 multiartist CDs successfully burned with version 145.

So far so good - much more stable than 143.

Many thanks. John.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2004, 08:05:05 am »

Calculated fields do not appear to show up in Copy/move fields area.
Is this a bug?  I am creating a calculated field containing multiple fields then want to move that field to another field.  Example: Year and charted level (reached #6 on the charts in 1966) merged into a calculated field (1966-06) and that calculated field moved to genre.  But I don't find the calculated field when I go to copy/move field.

Sauzee

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2004, 03:06:49 am »

Get cover art from internet after ripping - not working well.

Cover art only applied to tracks which have been encoded up to the point that ripping is completed.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2004, 07:09:03 am »

When burning a CD:

CD/DVD File Naming
Custom
[Filename (name)]

When you "Show List" the resulting CD Filename shows the .mp3 extension twice.

Example:  04-Badlands.mp3.mp3
where the filename is 04-Badlands.mp3

JTB3

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2004, 12:49:16 pm »

RE:  (From Above) Calculated fields do not appear to show up in Copy/move fields area...
Quote from: TXgary

I also am experiencing the same issue and would reallly appreciate this capability in MC10.  I'm sure the programming issue here is the possability of "circular reference" errors - but this could be easily checked for and not permitted.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2004, 08:45:34 am »

I just created a view sheme that reads a smarltist group. one of the smarlists is called "one random album" and i think you can guess what it does. it has the folling rules:

[Media Type]=[Audio] ~n=1 ~a

If i look at the smartlist in the playlists tree section, all is well and one random album is returned.
however, selecting that smartlist in the library view from its' smartlist group pane returns thousands of files in no apparant order.

I assume that this is a bug.

MattM

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Another issue/bug
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2004, 03:24:15 pm »

MC is a little rip-happy.  Program doesn't wait for user to click on "...restart ripping" but will start ripping cd automatically.  why did you guys remove the auto-rip checkbox that was present in MC 9?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2004, 03:26:16 pm »

Mattm,
I moved your post to a separate thread.

Jim

JTB3

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 01:14:25 pm »

BUG:  When in the MC tree, Double Clicking on a expand/colapse (+) box causes Media Center to destructively "Play" the list!

This is a real frustration!!  It is common to browse playlists or view schemes by quickly clicking (expand/colapse) to see what's below the node.   HOWEVER, MC currently interprets this quick (expand/colapse) sequence as a "double click" on the list node and will invoke whatever "play" behavior is configured in the general setup.

This can really screw up a "now playing" list by adding lots of unwanted files or wiping/replacing a carefully created now-playing list (depending on the "doubleclick" behavior selected).

PROPOSED SOLUTION:  Exclude the expand/colapse (+) box from double-click interpretation!   Simply have the double-click interpretation in the tree be limited to the "Node Name" and the little icon image to the left.  This is the standard Windows UI method used by nearly ALL other applications!!  What is currently programmed is non-standard and frustrating!

Thanks for your consideration! - JT

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 08:20:03 pm »

Albums containing duplicate tracks show up in the "Incomplete Album" tasklist.  ?
. . . the game is rigged

hiltonj

• Recent member
  • teach me to fish so i can eat for life!!
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2004, 01:53:52 am »

WHEN I DOWNLOAD THE LINK AND TRY TO INSTALL, IT GIVES ME THE ERROR MESSAGE :" FAILED TO LOAD JRIMAGE.DLL"  WHAT DO I DO?

jplumey

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2004, 09:21:50 am »

BUG:  When in the MC tree, Double Clicking on a expand/colapse
  • box causes Media Center to "Play" the list!

This is a real frustration!!  It is common to browse playlists or view schemes by quickly clicking (expand/colapse) to see whats below the node.   HOWEVER, MC will interpret this quick (expand/colapse) sequence as a "double click" on the list node and will invoke whatever "play" behavior is configured in the general setup.

This can really screw up a "now playing" list by adding lots of unwanted files or wiping/replacing a carefully created now-playing list (depending on the "doubleclick" behavior selected).

PROPOSED SOLUTION:  Exclude the expand/colapse
  • box from double-click interpretation!   Simply have the double-click interpretation in the tree be limited to the "Node Name" and the little icon image to the left.  This is the standard Windows UI method used by nearly ALL other applications!!  What is currently programmed is non-standard and frustrating!

Thanks for your consideration! - JT

I second this notion!

JTB3

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2004, 01:42:00 pm »

BUG:  BPM Field is NOT properly read/written to WMA file tags!

This is especially frustrating to DJs (and users creating libraries for dancing) that rely on this field.  Also, this is inconsistent because the BPM field is correctly read/written to MP3 ID3v2 tags!

Why does MC10 currently store BPM values as a proprietary field in WMA files when a standard field already exists?   This field is unrecognizable by other players (and for users that wish to import WMA files with standard BPM values, this information is lost!)

PROPOSED SOLUTION:  Simply map the STANDARD WMA BPM field "WM/BPM" to the MC10 database (similar to the way MP3 ID3v2 tags are handled)

Thank You! - JT

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2004, 02:14:08 am »

Sort direction arrows in column headers are backwards:

Column 1 is ascending but the arrow points down. Column 2 is descending but the arrow points up. Same results in all other columns. MC10.0.145

sail121j

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2004, 08:37:25 am »

I had to look at your example twice - but to my thinking, the arrows are logical and correct.  They point the direction of lowest to highest..
Pages: [1]   Go Up