INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: DELL JUKEBOX PLUGIN AVAILABLE  (Read 20419 times)

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:DELL JUKEBOX PLUGIN AVAILABLE
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2004, 10:27:13 am »

Click,

Make sure you are running MC 10. Go to Tools->Plug-in Manager->Handheld and uninstall any plugins other than Dell Jukebox. If you do not have the Dell Jukebox plugin, go to the MC 10 Handheld plugin page and get the Dell Jukebox plugin.  

You should then be able to see 'Dell Jukebox' in the tree. If you click on it and get an initialization error, you need to get the correct drivers installed from Dell. They are necessary and we are not allowed to distribute them.

Steve

Click Cardo

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2004, 12:47:09 pm »

Steve.

the first time I clicked on the DJ plugin it install
Nomad driver which shows up under Devices
and Drives.  The second time I get the previous
error about hh_nomad.dll being active.  I then
removed the nomad driver plugin and tried
a second time with the same results.  I am
sure I selected the Dell link from the plug-ins URL
both times.

I am using MC 10.0 w/time-limit.  If I cannot get
this to work I'll just continue using musicmatch.

Thanks for all your efforts as a DELL Plugin is
definitely needed.

I will not give up on this yet untill you do.

Thanks

SteveG

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2004, 05:37:44 pm »

Click,

The link on the page was wrong. My apologies. Please try removing whatever is installed in Plugin Manager (namely the Nomad Juekbox plugin)  and then readd the Dell Juekbox Plugin.

Steve

Click Cardo

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2004, 07:27:39 pm »

Steve

I removed the NOMAD entry, thenwas able to install the DELL which showed up
on my MC 10 handheld devices.  But when I try to double click it I get the
'initialzation faild' message.  When I go back to musicmatch the dell no longer
shows in the PDV viewer and i have to re-install it to work again.

ps:  Even when it works it only does on my USB 1.1 jack, not my USB 2.0.

any ideas on either issue would be most welcome.

click

SteveG

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2004, 10:24:52 am »

click,

If you are getting an 'Initialization failed' message, you do not have the correct drivers installed for the Dell Jukebox.  Try removing the drivers for the Dell and reinstall them. Where did you get the drivers you are installing when you first plugn your Dell?

Steve

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2004, 01:31:01 pm »

Click Cardo, the Dell site has changed since I downloaded from it, but hopefully getting a good DJ install will help.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=DJ_DIGITAL_MP&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=6358&devlib=25&category=0&releaseid=R79510

This is the Full CD install.  I'm assuming you have a high speed internet connection.  Hopefully, the installation program hasn't changed significantly from when I used it.

What I did was to follow the install EXCEPT when you get to the dialog box for installing MusicMatch, just hit Cancel.  This will stop you from installing MM, but everything else should be done. (DJ Driver and DJ Explorer).

Next you should transfer a few files using DJ Explorer to make sure you are communicating properly with the DJ.

Then, you can install the Dell DJ Plug-in for MC10.

Good luck.  I hope this helps.

SteveG

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2004, 02:12:49 pm »

BullishDad,

Thanks for your post.

Steve

Barbatus

• Recent member
Is it possible . . .
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2004, 03:36:43 pm »

. . . to prevent the MC to read the whole bunch of files on my Dell JB after every file transfer? How to make the MC to open the Dell JB only when I really need it?

Another question: almost every time the first attempt to transfer file fails (than I have to wait until the content of the Dell's being read--see above), then, on the second attempt, transfer is OK. Is it yet another firmware issue?

And the last question: does MC support FLAC format (I know, I know, this one's probably been answered hundreds of times . . .)?

Thank you very much!

Click Cardo

• Recent member
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2004, 07:22:10 pm »

I have my MM installed already and it works.  If I cancel on MM install section does this delete my current MM
or does it leave my originall install of MM in place?  Can I use both MM & MC on my pc and can they both xfer to DJ?

What is the DJ driver at this point and how do I use it to transfer files w/o having MM installed?

I did the download ok, but am waiting for this info to decide wheter to install.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2004, 10:10:20 pm »

Click, I can't say for certain, but I don't think your MM will get deleted if you cancel at the MM prompt during the full CD installation.  You should be able to use both programs, although I personally never installed MM.

The DJ driver is what the DJ uses to communicate with the PC.  The driver is not used to transfer files, but it must be installed for the DJ to work properly.  To transfer files, you use DJ Explorer, MM, or MC10.

Given that you've been having problems getting the DJ to work with the MC10 plug-in, I think it is best to uninstall MM first.  However, since you have MM working, I can understand why you may be reluctant to do so.

You can try with both programs installed and see what happens.  But if you still have problems then you may want to uninstall MM.

Also, you mentioned some problems with your USB port. I'm not sure what is going on there.  If you can transfer files using DJ Explorer, I would think you'll be successful with the DJ plug-in.  If you have problems with DJ Explorer, then your USB port may be the problem.

Click Cardo

• Recent member
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2004, 06:34:45 pm »

Thanks Dad.

I uninstalled bot MusicMatch and MC.  Next installed MM just up to drivers.
Then installed MC.  Then rest of MM.  Finally DJ for MC.

Everything seems to work now including using my USB 2.0 connections.

SteveG

« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2004, 10:44:00 pm »

Barbatus,

In regards to FLAC, please check out the following thread....

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=18343;start=msg151785#msg151785

Click,

It sounds like you are all set. Thanks BullishDad.

Steve

MICHE

« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2004, 11:46:46 pm »

FYI:  I am not very computer savy.

When I attempt to download the dell plug-in for my recently aquired MC 10 program, I recieve the following message:

[Package] Name=Dell Jukebox Action=UNZIPDIR Version=9.0.56 URL=http://accessories.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/hh_delljukebox10.zip [Action] File1=hh_nomadjukebox.dll File1Action1=COPY_PLUGINDIR File1Action2=REGISTER

I have no idea what this means.  Can anyone help?

Also:

I have no idea if this is related, but the laptop that I am using starts to "race" or rev up, and when I check the performance of my computer it displays that a file called PdeSrv2.exe is taking up 99% of my CPU.  It never has done this before and has only started with trying to get my Dell Jukebox plug-in.  I no nothing about CPU, and only caught the fact that it was using up my CPU by mistake.

I am sure that there is some obvious info I am leaving out, but this is a start.  I will GREATLY appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Miche

SteveG

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2004, 08:51:14 am »

Miche,

Try closing MC and then try to download the plugin from our website.

Steve

MICHE

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2004, 09:48:38 am »

Steve

I tried to download the plugin without MC running. I reieived the same message.  I have also tried downloading it with the WMDM enabled and disabled.  I am not sure what else to try.

I really like the looks of MC and I do not want to use Music Match--at all!  :)

Thanks for any help!

Miche

SteveG

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2004, 03:40:15 pm »

Miche,

If you enable WMDM support, you should be able to access your Dell without an additonal plugin.

If the plugin is not installing try right clicking on the download link for the Dell Jukebox plugin and select 'Save Link as" and save the .mjp file to somewhere on your PC. Then, double click the mjp and it will install intself.

Steve
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up