INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Rip CD' is currently unavailable  (Read 1001 times)

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
'Rip CD' is currently unavailable
« on: June 11, 2004, 11:34:02 am »

After installing the 10.0.145 update for Media Center, I now get this message when I try to rip a CD:

"'Rip CD' is currently unavailable"

"Please ensure that a suitable CD drive is installed on this machine. Also, make sure you are using a local library and are not in Party Mode."

Okay, I am not in Party Mode (nor am I in the party mood). The drives installed on my machine are the same that were there a few days ago and ripped fine with 10.0.116. I have always ripped my tracks to another machine which operates as a media server. So my output file location was set to a network drive. However, I tried changing it to a local drive and I still get this message. I am connecting to the media server's library. Did something change with the latest versions? Why can't you rip from another machine on the network?

Thanks for your help!!!

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
Re:'Rip CD' is currently unavailable
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 12:45:28 pm »

I tried setting the library to 'Default', instead of using the Media Server and it allows me to rip. I can even set the file location to the network drive.

Since the media server doesn't automatically detect new tracks when they are added to the library's folder, I always have to import the tracks manually (running the server with Remote Desktop), so having to temporarily switch to a local library isn't really a big deal.

It would be nice if you could use a library on a media server and rip to it from another machine on the LAN and have it add the tracks to the library without having to do the manual import from the server. However, I suppose you are concerned with some legal issues... (kind of like transfering files to handheld player over a network). I hope you guys aren't getting too paranoid!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up