INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have a ?  (Read 2044 times)

coach

• nothing more to say...
I have a ?
« on: October 03, 2003, 06:11:47 am »

I am a new user of MJ.  I am using the program to play pre-game music for my daughters soccer games.  Is there a plug in or some setting that I can change that will allow a microphone fed voice over through the audio input jack on a notebook pc?  I am not super technical when it comes to the audio formats so I would appreciate a for "dummies" type answer.  Thank you.

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: I have a ?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2003, 08:12:40 pm »

(I probably shouldn't reply since it's been almost a year since I used MJ8--I use MC9 now--but being no one else has responded, here goes...)

I don't think so.  The only thing even remotely related would be to record stuff coming in from Line-In, but there's no way to echo it out via MJ8.

In other words, there is no "karaoke" function available since that's what you are really looking for.

Now, I don't know about your laptop and its audio setup, but on a PC with soundblaster, you can tell the system (via either window's mixer or the soundcard's mixer) to echo out the microphone input.  Usually it's just a matter of "unmuting" it.

One big problem with this solution, though, is feedback. :)  But nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

Omni

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
Re: I have a ?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2003, 10:32:34 pm »

there might be away to do this  but my answer depends on what sound card you have as to weather or not it would work. easy or the  hard way.  i  can answer easy but not hard.

if you have a sound   blasterlive card there is a way to tell it to play XXXxx    numbers of wav files at one time.

you can  go  to there and tell it to play 10  wavs at once and then  go to the microphone mixer panel on the recording panel and make sure that is not muted.  then go to the playback panel and make sure the microphone is not muted there.   and then you need to use a headset like a telephone operator to get the best sound with out feedback.  but it should go out through the link to the pa spearks also.    

now the hard way some one else will need to tell you that way as it envoles registry hacks which i am not good at.

also if you can not get it to work the way i said then there is another way.  but it is not using mjb unless mjb has this in it also.?

but you will need to get a free program that is for DJ's you can find one at  webattack.com   i seen one there that will let you play songs and talk at the same time.  should work for what you want to do.  i also seen something that was free  and made for  internet radio djs to stream talking on the net like they do over the airwaves.   either one should do it for you or help.

good luck.
roving cowboy / keith hall
Pages: [1]   Go Up