INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.148 Available  (Read 5173 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 10.0.148 Available
« on: June 16, 2004, 04:20:18 pm »

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT BUGS.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POST HERE, see the index for the board.  Posts that ask questions or start discussions will usually be moved.

The latest version of MC10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100148.exe

PRICE and UPGRADE info is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.148 (6/16/04)
1. Fixed: MC would crash if services was hidden while still selected.
2. Changed: MC now reads an unnamed tag field in OGG files and treats it as a comment field.
3. Fixed: iPod Last Played and Play Count data will not be corrupted when iTunes is opened and then a subsequent sync to MC is initiated.

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
Re:Media Center 10.0.148 Available
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 05:36:40 pm »

Same problems as previous build.

1.  The Scanner TWAIN software is still launched using the MC skin, which looks wrong.

2.  I've changed my Track Images Location under Options/File Location to be on a separate drive (let's call this D:\Cover Art).  When I select the option "Quick Find In File/Cover Art Directory", even if there is a suitable picture in D:\Cover Art, it doesn't find it.  If, however, I recreate the default directory for art (C:\Program Files\Media Center\Data\Cover Art) and put the picture in there, and then select "Quick Find", it finds it.

I think "Quick Find in Cover Art directory" should search whatever the user has selected their Cover Art directory to be.  But it doesn't.  It searches the MC default location - which in my case no longer exists.  This seems like a bug to me.

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 03:37:11 am »

For what it is worth, I always use the Quick Find in Cover Art directory feature and I have changed my cover art directory to M:\Cover Art\ and it works, at least up to 10.0.146.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 09:04:41 am »

2.  I've changed my Track Images Location under Options/File Location to be on a separate drive (let's call this D:\Cover Art).  When I select the option "Quick Find In File/Cover Art Directory", even if there is a suitable picture in D:\Cover Art, it doesn't find it.  If, however, I recreate the default directory for art (C:\Program Files\Media Center\Data\Cover Art) and put the picture in there, and then select "Quick Find", it finds it.

I think "Quick Find in Cover Art directory" should search whatever the user has selected their Cover Art directory to be.  But it doesn't.  It searches the MC default location - which in my case no longer exists.  This seems like a bug to me.

This should work.  Make sure the files are named Artist - Album.jpg.

Maybe start another thread if it keeps acting up.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JTB3

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 01:51:43 pm »

BUG: (Same as prior build.)  Double clicking on a expand/collapse (+) box in the tree view causes Media Center to destructively "Play" the list!

ferran9

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 06:36:19 pm »

The tag for "BAND" is always autopopulated!

i.e: Import a set of mp3 files, the Band tag is populated, clear it, update the tags, delete the mp3 files from the library, re-import the mp3 files, the BAND tag is again populated! Maybe there is a rule somewhere for that? But Tags should reflect what the user does with them. Does anyone have the same problem?

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 06:36:38 am »

Hi,

I did some Playlist exports to *.mpl files of my artworks. Works pretty well, but there is a major nuisance.

Let us say I want to export all infos under Media Library>Images>Artwork>Picasso. I select Picasso in the Artist pane and click "Export Playlist". Then I get as default playlist mpl file name always "Artwork.mpl" and I have to retype the artist every time.

Would it be possible to change this default and have the proper field of the selected playlist, in this case Picasso.mpl!

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Length Limit Broken?
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 10:17:01 am »

Using a smartlist for random music, limit to 74 minutes.
Sometimes (1 in 5?) the length of the selections is way shorter than 74 minutes. When it is short, it is like 30-35 minutes.
This just started to happen in build 148.
I use the list very often so I would have noticed it in earlier versions.

Pages: [1]   Go Up