INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - Airpanel/Remote Desktop Playback.  (Read 976 times)

jesseasi

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Help - Airpanel/Remote Desktop Playback.
« on: July 11, 2004, 04:41:57 am »

I have searched these forums and I can't find the answer to this so here goes.

I have built a media server - I have ripped about 500 cds to APE files and I can run MC10 from the console and playback music - works great.  But I also have a viewsonic airpanel - and the real goal is to be able to run MC10 or Cinemar's MusicLobby through my Airpanel and have the sound still be outputted from my media server.

When using windows terminal services or remote desktop - the session does not output to my main system or to my main sound card.  Please tell me there is a way around this?

If not I am back to my nirvis and back to loading up my changers.

My media server is running windows 2003 server - if that means anything......

I have found several posts were people are using airpanels - how do you playback the music using your airpanels?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Help - Airpanel/Remote Desktop Playback.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 08:41:04 am »

I'm not following exactly what you're doing, but if you want to have the music played from the PC but control it from another PC or Windows CE device, take a look at NetRemote ( www.netremote.org ) as well as MusicLobby.

jesseasi

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 10:39:25 am »

I want to be able to control MC10 from my Airpanel.  But the problem is what when I try to play a song using the Airpanel - I cannot get the music to output from the server.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 03:58:36 pm »

If you are using remote desktop, it should be the same as using the server pc directly (you are seeing and controlling the server pc's desktop, right?).  So, it will output sound from the server however it is set up in Media Center on the server.  Maybe you have multiple zones and are mistakenly controlling the wrong zone??
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up