INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burn go boom! blue scn thx 2 ATI  (Read 1122 times)

recklessabandon

• Recent member
  • I want to be able to replace all my home entertain stuff with my computerPESTmusic
Burn go boom! blue scn thx 2 ATI
« on: July 21, 2003, 10:19:40 pm »

;D
I put this computer together around 3 years ago. Since I've have it, I've spent over 500 hours trying to get the Multimedia Software 7.2 from ATI to work for the ALL-IN-WONDER 128 Pro viedo card. It never has and still doesn't.  A while back I noticed GEM TV guide software and Interviedo DVD player software have hard coded references to the C: drive (as in hard coded in executables!) and so I decided to pull one of my processors (it was a 2xPIII 1mz ea); and build a new W2K sys on a ATA vs a SCSI drive, and make it C: This would make my system as desirable as possible for the ATi software.
After the mere 100 hrs required to load all my software, I found not only was MMC7.2 as f*k'd up as ever (TVIO has never worked), but now my beloved mediajukebox would blue sceen when starting the "analyzying devices" stage just prior to burn - blue screen dump. So I restarted from scratch, built a pain Microsoft W2K with motherboard (VIA) drivers and MJ. MJ worked fine. tried every avail ATI display driver (just driver no MMC or DVD player). MJ burn was toast. I noticed from the DXDIAG report that ATI seemed to think the modem was a sound card (even without driver installed).
Sok, I installed W2K->VIA drivers->modem->ATI->MJ and MJ WORKS!, (BTW, MJ normalize before recording does not work on an SMP system). ATI TVIO/record, still POS: ATI just didn't care much for W2K and has never really supported it.

There you have it,
reckless
further
Pages: [1]   Go Up