INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Normalizing Audio - Ipod  (Read 1619 times)

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
Normalizing Audio - Ipod
« on: June 21, 2004, 10:23:17 am »

I thought that I normalized all my audio when I ripped it, but apparently I missed some.  Plus my new itunes tracks etc. are not equal to my ripped tracks.

So my question is:  Is there a way to mormalize my audio without re-ripping everything?

When I send things to my ipod, a lot of tunes are in the same volume range but some are way off, either louder or softer.

Obviously I have been using replay gain on my PC.  Also, all my ripped tracks are 128 bit mp3.  Not the best, I know, but good enough for me with limited storage on my laptop.  Because of the format, I don't want to convert tracks from compressed to compressed as that will make the songs not accepatble.

So, what am I doing wrong?  Do I need to track down each track that sounds off on my ipod and re-rip with normalize turned on?  Is there a way to tell what tracks were normalized when they were ripped?  Am I not understanding something about normalizing?

Thanks.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Normalizing Audio - Ipod
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 04:51:09 pm »

If you want to apply your replay gain settings to iPod, right click on your iPod drive letter and check out the option for 'Set upload volume adjustment'. If you check 'Apply replay gain' your replay gain settings in MC should be approximated on your iPod.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up