INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting MP3 to WMA Dups Problem  (Read 954 times)

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Converting MP3 to WMA Dups Problem
« on: June 23, 2004, 06:13:19 pm »

Let's try this one more time.  I need to convert a large database of mp3 files to wma (for nomad handheld).  I have about half of them converted and want about half of the rest.  My problem is that I cannot identify the ones done and the ones not done.  Any earlier version (I am on 10.146) allowed one to check a box (see below) and would not convert if a file of that name and file type (converting to) already existed.  Not so anymore.  That switch has changed and now will not duplicate an already existing record (if wma already exists then it would not convert the wma file, but it would convert the mp3 file)  
What I need is the ability to identify the ones not converted so I can work with that group and decide which I want to convert.

Here is what HELP says
Converter Settings "help" says the following and this is not the case

Skip duplicates
 When checked, the program will not convert a file if that file already exists in your database. For example, if you are converting Blowin’ in the Wind.wav to Blowin’ in the Wind.mp3, but the latter already exists, the program will not convert this file if Skip Duplicates is selected.

When unchecked, if the target file already exists, the program renames the new file by appending a copy number after it, for example Blowin’ in the Wind(1).mp3

running "no dups" for [artist],[name],[album] does not give the correct results.
Thanks for your help

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Converting MP3 to WMA Dups Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 09:07:00 am »

TXGary,

Check out this thread....

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=21849;start=msg152585#msg152585

or better yet, try the following which is what worked for others in your boat.....

1) Create a smartlist for all files with duplicates [Name],[Artist],[Album],etc.
2) Create another smartlist with a rule to add files not in the smartlist created in step 1 and of filetype wma.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 09:22:52 am »

SteveG
I can handle Step 1, but how do I do Step 2?
I appreciate your help.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 09:23:09 am »

TXGary,

The smartlist rule would look like this:

Playlist: FirstPlaylist  [File Type]=[wma]

where 'FirstPlaylist' is the name of the playlist you created in step one. Use the Wizard to create the second smartlist and select 'Add Rule' then 'Playlist'. Then add a rule for the wma filetype.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up