INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.20 Alpha (NOT RECOMMENDED)  (Read 2549 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.20 Alpha (NOT RECOMMENDED)
« on: July 07, 2004, 05:39:32 pm »

We're just starting work on Media Center 11.  From time to time, we'll share our progress.

Think of these early builds like the hole in the ground before you start building a house.  Much like the hole, it's hard to get excited about these builds, and if you're not careful with them, you'll get hurt.

This is the third build after major changes to allow guest users and side-by-side installs of MC.  You will lose your settings.  Some plugins will not work.  Side-by-side installs are not functioning yet.  There may still be tools in the patient.  Please wait a few builds if you're not ready for problems.

Please uninstall builds prior to MC 11.0.12 before installing. (no need to uninstall 11.0.12)  As always, backup your library.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110020.exe

11.0.20 (7/7/04)

1. Fixed: MC does a better job of not obscuring an auto-hidden taskbar when maximized.
2. Fixed: Theater View's list style could not be toggled.
3. Fixed: Toolbars could not be customized.
4. NEW: Added [Zone] keyword support to Theater View text items.
5. Changed: Manual track changes wouldn't update the UI immediately.
6. NEW: Added CMJZoneAutomation SDK object to provide zone-specific access to Playing Now and the player controls for a specific zone. (more details at Developer's Zone)
7. Changed: Panes no longer filter panes to their right when in tagging mode. (experimental -- let us know if it's better or worse)
8. NEW: Introduced new, experimental language translation ability -- may not remain. (edit Language.txt in [MC]\Data\Default Resources to try it)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Media Center 11.0.20 Alpha (NOT RECOMMENDED)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 05:45:49 pm »

Just wanted to expound about a couple of the above items:

6. NEW: Added CMJZoneAutomation SDK object to provide zone-specific access to Playing Now and the player controls for a specific zone. (more details at Developer's Zone)

This has been a really common request from the NetRemote community.  Just a heads up that it's there now.  Let us know how it works for you.

8. NEW: Introduced new, experimental language translation ability -- may not remain. (edit Language.txt in [MC]\Data\Default Resources to try it)

Assuming we can iron out the wrinkles, this system will allow MC to run in any language.  You can already translate most menus, buttons, dialog static texts, checkboxes, and a few other controls.

Note that for now, you need to restart MC for changes to take effect.  If you make any progress with a language, please share.

Thanks everyone.

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 06:05:14 pm »

Hi Matt...

Any idea as to when the plugins will work?
-

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 06:49:50 pm »

Thanks Matt
you rock dude!
. . . the game is rigged

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 07:53:26 pm »

Hi Matt,

thanks for translation ability. Just two questions:
1) Is language.txt the only file that needs translation? At some point you told us to translate the resources.xml. Is this still necessary?

2) Is it possible to get a all the English text strings extracted from the source code and be put in the language file? That would make translation much easier!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 08:20:52 pm »

1) Is language.txt the only file that needs translation? At some point you told us to translate the resources.xml. Is this still necessary?

The only thing to worry about is Language.txt.  Resources.xml can stay in English since Language.txt will know how to translate it.

2) Is it possible to get a all the English text strings extracted from the source code and be put in the language file? That would make translation much easier!

Not yet, although it's a good idea.  For now we just need to see if this is a workable system.  If it looks like it will work, we'll do what we can to make life easier for people making language files.

Thanks Jaguu.

(p.s. if you make any progress or see any bugs / shortcomings, please let us know)

RemyJ

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 08:49:02 pm »

Should iPOD support be working in this build?  When I try to synchronize, I get a free space warning saying I have -278G free.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 09:36:57 pm »

1. Fixed: MC does a better job of not obscuring an auto-hidden taskbar when maximized.

So far so good!

darkAngelChild

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 02:55:51 am »

any chance of being able to set the 'shortcuts' path in the start menu during installation as I never want it in the root. I have all programs grouped by type and would want it to be in:  multimedia\Media Center.

7. Changed: Panes no longer filter panes to their right when in tagging mode. (experimental -- let us know if it's better or worse)
Definitely find this a lot better now for tagging my images, for my albums though it makes it worse.
this would be ideal if it could be set per vs as one of the settings for each vs. failing that though if it could show the list of values that match previous criteria at the top then all the other values seperated underneath it would make it more useable. could quickly see the values that match as before, but then if u wanted one of the other values u would simply have to scroll down to get it.

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2004, 12:08:03 pm »

Well, yesterday it was working fine.  When I opened MC today, it is covering the taskbar again.  At one point, I even saw the taskbar coming out of autohide, but was quickly covered up.

Looks like we are closer, but not quite there yet.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2004, 12:20:37 pm »

Paul,
Make sure you're running the right version.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2004, 12:22:50 pm »

Well, yesterday it was working fine.  When I opened MC today, it is covering the taskbar again.  At one point, I even saw the taskbar coming out of autohide, but was quickly covered up.

Looks like we are closer, but not quite there yet.

Also, please give details about how you're minimizing / maximizing.  It's possible there's something unique about the method you're using. (since there are many methods)

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2004, 12:48:55 pm »

I always start MC maximized.  It's odd that it would work yesterday and not today...  However, I discovered something that may help track it down:

If I start MC (starts maximized) and it is covering the task bar, I 'un-maximize' it with the control on the top right of the screen (next to the X).  In its un-maximized state, MC is full screen except I have the bottom pulled up a little bit.  If I then click on the task bar to bring it to the front, and then re-maximize MC, it seems to work properly.

I am running version 11.0.20.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2004, 01:16:52 pm »

Paul, how do you start MC?

Is the start menu (or the 2-pixel row) visible when you do?

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2004, 01:38:02 pm »

I start MC from the QuickLaunch bar, so yes, the taskbar is visible when I start it.  I doubt it matters, but I have the taskbar enlarged to two rows instead of the default one row.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2004, 01:46:38 pm »

On 2 seperate occaisions since installing this version, MC reported that it 'Cannot play the selected file(s)'.
This occurred once while it was actually playing the song, and quit playing in mid-tune to display the message.  The file type did not matter, and the only way to get it to play again was to switch the playback settings to my other soundcard.
Somehow it 'healed' itself and I was able to go back to the SoundBlaster this morning (shutting down and restarting MC did not help).
Both times that it occurred was with my SoundBlaster using Kx Project drivers, my Terratec has not experienced this issue.
If it occurrs again I will try to isolate more circumstances.
. . . the game is rigged

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2004, 02:23:18 pm »

A little more info.  I find that if I start MC from the QuickLaunch bar while another program is maximized (Outlook or Firefox for instance), MC will hide the taskbar.  If I minimize all other programs *before* I run MC from the QuickLaunch bar, MC will not hide the taskbar.

Edit:  I think I misunderstood your previous post.  The correct answer relates to what I wrote above.  If no other programs are maximized when I start MC, I can see the 2 pixel row (taskbar) below MC.  If other programs are maximized, then the 2 pixel row is not visible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up