INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View Schemes lost during new import  (Read 896 times)

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
View Schemes lost during new import
« on: June 25, 2004, 07:51:54 pm »

Each time I execute Clear Library followed by Import, my View Schemes for audio are gone and the tree defaults to start up presentations.  While a prompt allows me to either keep or discard database fields; I have experimented with each option, but the results are identical: lost View Schemes. Please advise a solution. Thanks,

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re:View Schemes lost during new import
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 08:05:46 am »

Errr. Clear Library, clears your library. Why are you doing this?

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 08:32:43 am »

When I rip a bunch of new CDs or occassionaly reorganize the source music file database located on my server. I have found it easier to Clear Library, then a fresh Import; the Update Library function does not seem to work as effectively. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Any improvements to this procedure would be welcome as I spend quite a bit of time redoing the View Schemes. Thanks,

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 09:31:02 pm »

If your using MC to do any file moving then you won't have probs. If not (as I often do using File Manager or Explorer), then run Tools>Import Media. Once they have been imported then run File>Library>Update Library and make sure to check "Remove files*** that do not exist...". The downside of this is that if you have files in your library from data CD's/DVD's then they probably will be removed.

***Note to JR:
Shouldn't this say records or entries instead of files? The wording implies (at first glance) that actual media files would be removed even though they don't exist...making the line kind of non-sensical.

10-27

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 08:25:59 am »

If you want to remove all the file records from your library, click Media Library, then press Ctrl-A, then Del. Select "Remove from Media Library" and click OK. This will remove the file links but leave your view schemes intact
Pages: [1]   Go Up