INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will MC's web radio functionality be improved?  (Read 1463 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Will MC's web radio functionality be improved?
« on: June 29, 2004, 07:22:36 pm »

I've posted numerous times about MC 10's web radio functionality being somewhat buggy (WMA streams) and quite "clunky" compared to other aspects of the program,  which are highly polished.  If this is an area of MC that will improve in the relatively near future?

Thanks,

Larry

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Will MC's web radio functionality be improved?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 07:28:20 pm »

It's on the list, but no word as to when.  

There are a lot of balls in the air right now.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 08:44:56 pm »

Thanks.  What about just fixing the bugs in certain types of streams (i.e. the problems with WMA, ASX, and some Real Audio streams?  These seem to be related to MC since URLs that play fine in Windows Media Player won't play in MC.  Also, these same sites actually DID work in MC a while back -- they suddenely started having problems at some point.  I honestly don't know if this was due to an MC update or to a change in the streams themselves, but it seems rather unlikely that so many sites would have suddenly changed their streams all at once.

Larry

PS.  In my opinion, web radio functionality is more important that some people seem to think.  I think a reason that more people don't use it in MC is due to the fact that it isn't more polished.  Web Radio, however, is getting pretty darn popular these days -- just look at how many new stations are available around the web.  This is an area that I think could be a big selling point in the near future.

shAf

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 06:44:41 am »

PS.  In my opinion, web radio functionality is more important that some people seem to think.  ...  Web Radio, however, is getting pretty darn popular these days -- just look at how many new stations are available around the web.  ...

I agree!  Personally speaking, webradio is as important as my music library (... weeeelllll ... maybe not as important, but my listening to one or the other is split pretty darn close to 50/50 ...)

shAf  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

Jakester

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 05:20:30 pm »

Agree.  For Web Radio I switch back to Winamp at this point.  Too buggy in MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up