INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative MuVo^2 4GB  (Read 2499 times)

V-Man

Creative MuVo^2 4GB
« on: July 02, 2004, 09:03:10 am »

Whoopee! I've just got my first real MP3 player!  :D Does anyone here use the 4GB MuVo with MC10? I'm looking for any cool ideas to make them work in harmony.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Creative MuVo^2 4GB
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 01:03:13 pm »

V-Man,

Congrats on the new addition to your family. I have not seen the 4GB MuVo, but it should work with MC without any plugins. It should show up as a drive letter under 'Drives and Devices' in the tree. After you click on it you can drag files onto the Action Window or you can right click on the drive letter and explore the 'Synchronization' option.

Steve

V-Man

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 06:20:18 am »

Thanks Steve

I'm having a few problems getting going  ?.

Firstly, I read the recent note on WMDM and have activated that setting. My handheld now appears in MC as "G: MUVO^2" rather than just "G:" as it was without WMDM set. I assume therefore I was right to select WMDM.

I have added music from my MC library to a playlist, and tried to synchronise the handheld with the playlist, and that works. The problem is I can't see how to control the folder structure on the device. All selected files are being dumped straight into the root folder. The only options I can find are those in the "Handheld Upload Options" dialog for forcing file conversion during upload and showing queued files only. Nothing for specifying a folder template. The right-click menu in the tree gives me an 'Add Folder' option for manually creating folders but that's not what I need.

I'm sure there must be a way. Other forum posts indicate this should be possible via the right-click menu but that doesn't offer much other than the synchronise option.

Please help!

Media Center Registered 10.0.149 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1678 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 193 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive P: LG      DVD-ROM DRD8160B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Q: TEAC    CD-W524E          Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive Q: TEAC     CD-W524E           Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:1  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

V-Man

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 03:59:40 am »

*BUMP*

Please can someone help me?

I've found that if I disable WMDM I get a new option on the device's right-click menu, "Rearrange upload folders". This lets me select from a preset list of folder structures, but none of these work for my needs. I want my files sent to:

[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]

If I select "Use filename path" it does work as I need, except I get the full path including the parent folders I use on my main hard drive.

My main collection uses the naming format:

Base Folder:-  D:\Media\Music
Folder scheme:- [Media Type]\[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]

My MP3 player mounts as drive G:, and when I sync the files go to:

G:\Media\Music\[Media Type]\[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]

With all these parent folders, it takes a while to navigate in the player. Instead I want files sent to:

G:\[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]

Is this not possible?

Also, where can I find out more about how synchronisation works, in terms of how the original files are linked to their handheld counterparts?

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 10:01:14 am »

V-Man,

For what you are trying to do, it is best to disable the 'WMDM support' option.

"G:\[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]

Is this not possible?"

Not at this time. 'Artist\Album' is available, but not [Album Artist (auto)].

Synchronization is based on matching the Name, Artist, Album, Genre and Track Number of the files. If these fields match a file is treated as a 'Duplicate' and not resent.

Steve

V-Man

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 06:06:54 am »

SteveG

Thanks for the explanation. It's a pity about the lack of full filename configuration. I think the easiest solution for my needs will be to stick with the 'use filename' option, and write a batch file to move everything below the Media subfolder up to the correct level. I expect I will then need to use the 'update database from handheld' option.

Is there a way I can fire the 'update database...' command from a batch file?

I presume the 'update database...' command traverses the entire removable drive, and for each audio file it finds, it records the filename/path along with certain tag values (name, artist, album, genre) for the duplicates query done during sync. Would I be correct?

Thanks again, I'm just trying to understand exactly what happens.

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 10:03:42 am »

It's a pity about the lack of full filename configuration.

This can be expanded in the future.

Is there a way I can fire the 'update database...' command from a batch file?

No.

I presume the 'update database...' command traverses the entire removable drive, and for each audio file it finds, it records the filename/path along with certain tag values (name, artist, album, genre) for the duplicates query done during sync. Would I be correct?

Yes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up