INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipod trouble  (Read 1826 times)

jtiis

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
ipod trouble
« on: July 03, 2004, 12:46:18 am »

I'm using MC 10. I've used apple's updater to reformat the ipod drive and later I tried Windows to reformat the drive. Then, I've initialized the ipod, but when I got to sych. my files to the player, it first tells me there are duplicate files (some 1900 of them), but even if I click to go ahead and syn. I geta pop up box with an "X" but no message. It acts like its trying to sync still, (as I can click "cancel" in the syn/transfer window) - but it seems nothing is really happening/transfering anyhow. What's wrong here? My build/version is: 10.0.146

HELP!

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:ipod trouble
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 02:10:47 am »

Don't format the iPod with Windows.  Just format with the iPod updater software, then initialize in MC, then sync.  I have no idea if this has anything to do with your issues, but I've read that you should not format an iPod with anything other than the iPod software.

Larry

jtiis

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 10:39:15 am »

Yes, I'd heard that too, but when I did it with the Ipod updater and initialized in MC and tried to sync. I still get the same problem. What should I do?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 09:37:57 am »

jtiis,

The duplicate files message indicates that you are trying to send multiple files to iPod which have the same Name, Artist, Album, Genre and Track Number information. It is best to resolve the duplication or to use playlists/smartlists that resolve it for you ( by selecting which of the duplicates to send).

In regards to the X pop up, does it do that right when the sync begins or after it runs for a while? Try sending a smaller subset of playlsits and see if you can narrow it down some.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up