INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync Portable Digital Players  (Read 1718 times)

benjamin00

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Sync Portable Digital Players
« on: July 05, 2004, 11:49:36 am »

Hi,

I'va got MC 10 and an Archos jukebox Multimedia 20G.
Here is my probleme:
When I synchronize a playlist with my Archos, i have an error message at the end of the synchronisation for the songs undisponible for the moment ( on amovible disk: CD, DVD, Hard Disk). Is there a way to when i try to synchronize a song not on the hard disk, MC10 Ask me to put the amovible media where the song is, so there will be no error?

Thanks for our help

Benjamin

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Sync Portable Digital Players
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 09:50:21 am »

Benjamin,

I could ask when I cannot find a file, but I think this would be disruptive for a sync. The error message at the end serves to tell you to correct the situation and then if you resync with the files present, they should transfer correctly.

Steve

benjamin00

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 03:57:55 am »

Thanks for the answer
But for the moment, i have to do a sync for each CD or DVD with MP3 i've got without any certainty all the files are transfering to my Archos.
I don't understand the probleme if the sync is disruptive, for the one who have all the file in the hard disk there will be no change and for the others it will be easyer.
is it so difficult to programme?

Benjamin

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 09:56:05 am »

Benjamin,

It is not difficult to program, but you do not account for people who have moved or renamed files on the hard disk which is not an uncommon task. You have certainty when you sync a CD or DVD if the files fail, because MC tells you. If it does not tell you an error, it succeeded.  If you are just interested in transferring files from a CD to your Portable, don't sync, just drag and drop them on the player.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up