INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8 support for APE 3.99?  (Read 1065 times)

v0rtex99

• Change this by choosing profile
Media Jukebox 8 support for APE 3.99?
« on: June 29, 2004, 06:52:20 pm »

Hello,

I have been a long time user of Media Jukebox 8 and like the program very much. Up to this point it has been perfect for what I use it for...music listening and tag editing. However, I have just ran into my first problem, it will not play a CD I just ripped as APE 3.99 files. After browsing through the forums it seems that Media Center 10 will support them but that MJ8 has yet to. Is there any chance that MJ8 will impliment support for APE 3.99 in MJ8?

Thanks for your time,
Orin

jesseasi

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re:Media Jukebox 8 support for APE 3.99?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 03:29:22 pm »

I am in the process of testing out both Media Center 10 and Media Jukebox 8 tryin to decide which is right for me.  I started with MC10 and ripped nearly 200 CD's using APE.  I realized I did not need all the video and picture cababilities and I have been having problems with MC10 when it looks up CD's online.  Sometimes it locks up and keeps giving me the message that it is looking up.  The only way to stop it is to press the eject button several times on my cd drive and once the disk is out, to close down MC10 and restart it.

Because of this I decided I better give MJ8 a try - but when I tried it import all my ripped music, nothing worked - I believe becuase they were encoded with APE 3.99.  

What gives?  Anyone have any suggestions?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Media Jukebox 8 support for APE 3.99?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 03:43:25 pm »

Sorry, but there currently aren't plans for an MJ 8 plugin for Monkey's Audio 3.99.

If you're having problems with Media Center, please post on the Media Center board and people will be happy to try to help.

Thanks.

-Matt (aka monkey from Monkey's Audio)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up