INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phantom MJ Task-Switch Option  (Read 778 times)

Tuber

• Recent member
Phantom MJ Task-Switch Option
« on: July 13, 2004, 09:59:14 am »

Running last version of MJ8 with DVD support and WinXP Pro SP1 with latest standard updates. PIII, 600 mHz, 384MB RAM.

I'm trying to figure out whether the following problem is an MJ thing or not.

With MJ running and Tweak UI alt-tab replacement installed, when I use alt-tab task-switching, one option that comes up is a phantom "com" window (standard blue window frame icon). When I select the phantom option, MJ is selected. As usual, MJ's regular icon option also appears and can also be used to select MJ. So, there are two task-selecting options which bring up MJ.

Other pieces of evidence that lead me to believe that this phantom task-switch option might truly be associated with MJ: 1) it only happens when MJ is running; and, 2) my Logitech Mouseware alt-tab replacement button brings up a menu that includes an option with an MJ icon and the title "No Title" (and the usual MJ option).

When I uninstall the TweakUI alt-tab replacement, the phantom window disappears when task-switching with alt-tab. However, when task-switching with the mouse's special task selector button, the MJ "No Title" option still remains.

Sorry for the preceding and following rambling. (I haven't had time to begin to sleuth this out.)  Anyway, here's my question: ***Has anyone seen a phantom MJ task-selecting option before?**

I ask because there are some good reasons to believe that this problem might not be an MJ thing. I've made some changes to my system and things might generally be out of sorts. For example, 1) I just installed my fancy new mouse; 2) I recently accidently installled MM Jukebox (really it was an accident; it came with my new mouse and I clicked a wrong button when installing the drivers) but then uninstalled MMJB; and, 3) recently when I tried to start MJ, instead of MJ, I got a kooky installation process for Windows Burner XP Pro (which I already had installed on my system), but which, after I managed to kill the installation process, was followed by the start of MJ. Weird. Anyway, after uninstalling and reinstalling the Burner application, MJ appears to start normally. The phantom task-switch option might be some residue of this funky problem.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

-Tube

Pages: [1]   Go Up