INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mp3-file format with cover art non-standard?  (Read 1245 times)

Per_A

• Change this by choosing profile
Mp3-file format with cover art non-standard?
« on: March 07, 2004, 12:36:26 pm »

Hi
 ?

I have stored cover art inside most of my mp3-files and it have worked well in Media Jukebox. However, other media programs seem to have problems with these files. Windows Media player can not open these files in my computer (Win XP), but can open files without images. Importing the files to Creative Labs program Media Source seems to corrupt the files so that the images can not be shown in Media Jukebox afterwards.

Is the format for storage of images in mp3 -files not standardized?

Regards,
Per

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Mp3-file format with cover art non-standard?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 02:11:57 pm »

Try updating WMP.

Lars_HP

Re:Mp3-file format with cover art non-standard?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 08:32:28 am »

Hi,

I have a similar problem. Although the files can be opened, the tags are corrupted.
I have MJ 8.0.4, iTunes 4.6, and Musicmatch Jukebox 6.1.

Example:
I have an MP3 file with embedded cover art. The cover art is added to the file using iTunes. All the tags, including cover art can be seen in all three players.
I now take the file and edit a tag, e.g. the song title, in MJ. Now none of the tags or cover art can be seen in iTunes. They can however be seen in Musicmatch.
I now take the file and edit the song title in Musicmatch. Now the tags can be seen again in iTunes.

This problem only occurs if there is cover art in the MP3 file. It seems to me that MJ stores the cover art in some way that changes all the tag information into a different format. Musicmatch apparently doesn't care about this, but iTunes can not read the tag info anymore.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Regards
Lars
Pages: [1]   Go Up