INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Ratings buttons on media keyboards  (Read 607 times)

spivachik2

• Change this by choosing profile
Feature Request: Ratings buttons on media keyboards
« on: July 16, 2004, 10:25:36 am »

I'd really like to use the track ratings features in media center.  However, I'm usually listening to my music with MC on another virtual screen.  I usually manipulate the system through the media buttons on my keyboard  (Vol+, Vol-, Play/Pause, Prev Track, Next Track).

I'd _really_ like to have a "rating+", "rating-" button to go with that.  Maybe the back and forward buttons?  I never use those.  I'm not sure which if any of these buttons can get signals routed to MC, but there's got to be at least one that can.

When I do this, I'd really like a tray display, like I see with many volume controls when using Vol+ and Vol-.  This small display, which would hover above a tray icon, would indicate the new rating of the song, so I could manipulate it to the desired destination.

While we're at it, why not use a similar floating notification display to display track information for a second or two at the beginning of each track?

All of these are designed towards using MC "in the background" most of the time, and switching over to MC to manipulate playlists, etc.

Thanks for listening!

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
Re:Feature Request: Ratings buttons on media keyboards
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 12:36:47 pm »

Have you tried my PlayingNow plugin?   It pops up at the beginning/end of a track showing artwork, etc, and allows you to rate the track.   You can also pop it up on demand via a global hotkey.

It's in the Interface Plugins section if you want to try it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up