INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VOB/MPG files problem in playlists  (Read 926 times)

_K_C_

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
VOB/MPG files problem in playlists
« on: July 19, 2004, 07:50:55 am »

Hi

I've ripped some DVDs using DVD Decrypter in IFO mode, ripping the DVD as individual cells. (I'm ripping DVDs of music performances / videos so want the individual tracks as separate files).  This means that the DVD structure is lost, but that's not a problem for me.

I've then renamed the .vob files to .mpg and imported them into MC10.049.  I then create playlists combinging audio (.ape) and video (.mpg) music files.

In principle this works brilliantly - playing the video when it's a video track and a visualisation if it's an audio track.

But I'm getting two intermittent problems on - as far as I can tell - all of my ripped .mpg files:
- first,  the videos sometimes play at a very slow speed (not sure exactly but almost certainly less than half speed).  The audio and video seem to stay in sync, but remain very slow.  This can sometimes be cured by pressing NEXT then PREVIOUS a few times.  From then on, the playback seems to stay fine until I stop playing altogether and then srtart again;
- the second problem is that sometimes the playback of the mpg freezes at the end of the file and I'm left with the image of the last scene of the file on the screen.  Again, NEXT moves on to the next track in the playlist with no problems.

I suspect both of these problems are caused by problems with the mpg files rather than MC itself, but I'd be grateful if someone could confirm this.

I'd also be grateful if someone could point me to software that will convert my individual .vob cells to something MC can play.  Preferably lossless (or close to lossless) for the video.

Anyone with any suggestions ?

Many thanks

Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up