INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Invalid Port error when trying to Launch MJ  (Read 963 times)

jguido@integre.com

• nothing more to say...
Invalid Port error when trying to Launch MJ
« on: November 10, 2002, 07:57:59 am »

After using MJ for several months, I tryed to launch this AM and got a "Invalid port, try a different port" error. I'm not sure what this means. This error happened once before when I first installed MJ.

I tried to re-launch a few times and got the same message. I reloaded Win2K-Pro and tried to launch MJ and got the same results. I had to un-install and re-install MJ and then update to version 8.0.388 again.

I already used a license restore the first time this happened.  Can anyone at JR/MJ tell me what's wrong with this software and what happens if I use up all of the license restores because of this apparent bug. I think it will happen again and again if something doesn't get fixed by JR/MJ. Anyone ever experience this problem? and can anyone help me?

Joe

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Invalid Port error when trying to Launch MJ
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2002, 09:32:53 am »

It probably means that you are running some other software on the same port.  Web server?  File sharing?  Stop them, start MJ, and move the webremote plugin to another port.

jguido@integre.com

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2002, 09:55:31 am »

Thanks Jim!

But I already un-installed/re-installed and wasted another install key for my MJ-Plus.

Now I can launch and play okay but I can't rip to MP3. When I try to load the MP3 Plug-in encoders - either from "Add Plug-ins" or "Options/Encoder" , I get a "installed successfully" message and the a second later it says - "MP3 encoder not installed - do you want to install? ?? I reply - yes and same thing happens.

Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2002, 10:10:16 am »

See the thread here on the mp3 encoder problem.  It will be fixed tomorrow morning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up