INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: transferring to Jukebox Multimedia  (Read 1896 times)

boliver

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
transferring to Jukebox Multimedia
« on: July 20, 2004, 02:05:06 pm »

Is there a way to synch my mp3's to the Archos Jukebox Multimedia  in Artist/Album directory format?

I have tried to connect to my Archos Jukebox Multimedia and MC says that I should install the appropriate plugin.  And it even calls my handheld the MC 10 (even though it is called Archos on the Windows Desktop).  But there is no plugin for this product on the MC website.

The Jukebox Multimedia acts just like a USB drive to Windows - why can't MC write to it?  I have installed the "portable drive" plugin and MC now says that it is transferring files to it - but after the transfer is "done", no files have been transferred.  Also, I thought from reading the marketing literature I could transfer these files in a Artist/Album directory structure (which I want!) but can't find any interface to specify that (even if the transfer was working.

again...
Is there a way to synch my mp3's to the Archos Jukebox Multimedia in Artist/Album directory format?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:transferring to Jukebox Multimedia
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 10:22:30 am »

boliver,

The Portable Drives plugin is installed as part of MC 10. If you installed a separate plugin, please run the following link to get the correct plugin....

http://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/tmp/hh_portable.mjp

The Archos appears to the PC as a fixed drive. We detect it based on the volume label of the Archos. If you set it to anything with 'Archos' in it, we should show you the drive under 'Drives & Devices'. If you want to assign a different volume label, go to 'Tools\Plugin Manager\Portable Drives\Configure' and enter the volume label there.

In regards to the Artist\Album directory structure, right click on your Archos in the tree and select 'Rearrange Upload Folders' to enable this option.

Steve

boliver

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 11:49:18 am »

Thank you!  Worked.

Is it too much to ask that there is some way to use the synchonize function on my handheld that has the artist directories organized into alphabetical listings? i.e. Under root, there is an A_D folder, a E_H folder etc., to facilitate finding the right album more quickly on the handheld.  Is there a way for MC to put the right files in the right alphabetical folder?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 02:11:40 pm »

boliver,

Try using 'Rename Files from Properties' to create the folder structure you want on your PC and then select the 'Use Filename Path ' option for 'Rerrange folder options'

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up