INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File names and Importing  (Read 807 times)

jamesenjoy

• Change this by choosing profile
File names and Importing
« on: July 15, 2004, 08:18:34 pm »

I am new to Media Center.  When importing music files from CDs - off line - i always get file names of 'unknown'.  and then cant edit them.  Help says i should get a dialogue box to manually enter tag info (when ripping or importing); if off line, but this doesnt happen.  Help.  

I am trying to enter music from about 100 CDs; and will have access to Internet only sporatically.  Doing this while off on an extended camping trip.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:File names and Importing
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 09:19:27 pm »

I am new to Media Center.  When importing music files from CDs - off line - i always get file names of 'unknown'.  and then cant edit them.  Help says i should get a dialogue box to manually enter tag info (when ripping or importing); if off line, but this doesnt happen.  Help.  

I am trying to enter music from about 100 CDs; and will have access to Internet only sporatically.  Doing this while off on an extended camping trip.
Try ripping a CD.  Don't import them.

If you want to rip off line, first put the CD in and let MC look it up from YADB, then put another in, and so on.  Later you can rip them off line.

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 09:53:18 pm »

This raises an interesting question though.  Let's assume that he is doing this on a laptop with very limited disk space, and he doesn't actually want to rip the tracks to the HD.  He only wants to have MC manage his physical CD collection.

Is this not possible?  Or more to the point, if 1.) the CD isn't listed in YABB, or 2.) one is working strictly offline miles and miles away from any internet connection, then is this not possible?  The CD tags are read-only?

jamesenjoy

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 07:50:26 pm »

Thanks for the help.  Not able to retain the YADB info from multiple CDs and wait till later to Rip.  How do you do this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up