INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sugestion MC 11: MultiLanguage  (Read 1189 times)

Alweb

• Junior Woodchuck
Sugestion MC 11: MultiLanguage
« on: July 22, 2004, 08:37:43 am »

Hi

I will suggest that MC 11 have a Multi-Language option like French, Germany, Portuguese, Japanese and others.

Tks

Alweb

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alweb

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:Sugestion MC 11: MultiLanguage
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 09:33:27 am »

Matt

Tks...
I will look this...

Alweb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 08:09:07 am »

Matt

Any screens still not translate like Options Screen.
Its possible in future?
I translate the Language.txt (unicode file) to Brazilian Portuguese. How can I dispose it for other Brazilian users?

Tks

Alweb

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 08:41:15 am »

Take note,

I did the German translation  basically with the idea to find out what works and what not. I do not think MC11 is right now completely ready to be multilingual. Some more work needs to be done on the internal structure of MC11. Also a few things like translation of fields/view schemes might be more complex tthan it would look at first sight. On the other hand MC11 is not even at Beta stage.

Also keep in mind that Matt said it might not stay with MC11. Well, I hope not, as localization is nowadays pretty standard with almost any widespread application.

You need to put your language file on a web server and make it available to Interact through an URL as I did with my language file.

You may also get my german translation file as a template, then you do not to find out all the English text strings, just replace the german with your own language.

Alweb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 12:26:18 pm »

Jaguu

Ok... I know that's not even and that's complex.
My purpose is facilitate brasilian users. My site is closed and I dont have a web space to dispose the file.
Otherwise I translate more options and want suggest to the MC developpers what's needed to allow the program work with other languages.
Like:
- When I press <Alt> MC show previous language (English) I think is so because I cannot use Hot Keys there are in English: File
- Screen texts are not translating.
So... I thing that is so good that I can translate it... but it was better if I can translate all.
Thanks all!!! ;)

Alweb
Pages: [1]   Go Up