INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images: Send to->Web->Gallery  (Read 1746 times)

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
  • music, SCUBA, movies, VR, multimedia, PCs
« on: July 20, 2004, 09:08:52 pm »

Anyone else using "Gallery" (http://gallery.menalto.com) for on-line image organizing?

Being able to Send images to a Gallery would be pretty cool but I'm somewhat doubtful there's enough call for it.
"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."

bebop

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Images: Send to->Web->Gallery
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 11:08:33 am »

Yup, I use this so that my family and friends can share their stuff.  I really like that you can assign passwords so that not everything is availavle to the entire web - just those logged on users that you have given pass words to.   You can check my site out if you like http://bebop-girl.com/gallery/albums.php

my daughter also uses gallery as part of her website for her art and design stuff (she does photographic and graphic art)

I know that our family has had a hoot with this, as well as our staff members and collegues.  It is easy to set up, easy to use even for first timers like me.  

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 11:45:25 am »

I know that our family has had a hoot with this, as well as our staff members and collegues.  It is easy to set up, easy to use even for first timers like me.

That's been our experience as well.  My wife loves it.
"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."

bebop

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 10:46:35 am »

Mysticeti, have you tried to send images up to your site from MC?  I haven't done this yet (was still working on getting my camera to download to MC) and was wondering how it works.  At present I use Gallery Remote for large uploads, and just the add photo's when I have just a few pics to throw up there. If I can do this from MC, then I can get rid of yet one more program.   Thanks  Bet

bebop

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 12:07:53 pm »

Ok...I tried this and failed miserably  ?

What am I doing wrong here?
 on the Remote Host page this is what I did:

Address:  http://bebop-girl.com/gallery/
Path:        gallery/album 19

I keep getting unable to connect to host and I have tried these variations of Path:

http://bebop-girl.com/gallery/album 19
         /bebop-girl.com/gallery/album 19
         /album 19

also tried without the leading slashes    :-\

Seems all I  managed to get right were my login and pass  :(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 12:17:03 pm »

Remove the trailing slash and try a directory name that has no space.

bebop

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 12:26:52 pm »

Ok - tried removing the training slash from the address, and changed the path to  gallery/album19
 also tried bebop-girl.com/gallery/album19, and just plain old album19   ,  still got the error.  Should the path include the http address?

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 12:28:06 pm »

Could it be a problem with the port numbers?  Port 21 is generally used for FTP transfers...  Try using 80 for the port and see if that helps.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 12:28:08 pm »

As an address, try this in IE:

ftp://bebop-girl.com/pub/

It should have a login/password.

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 12:34:29 pm »

Mysticeti, have you tried to send images up to your site from MC?

Nope.  I haven't attempted this.  I'd be surprised if it was possible to send images directly to gallery from MC.  But you should be able to get MC to FTP them to your site and then you can import them from there gallery.

My system runs XP and I use Gallery's Windows XP Publishing Wizard to get my photos to my gallery.  It's simple to use and works beautifully.

bebop

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2004, 12:53:03 pm »

Thanks Jim, but I coudn't get access that way either  ?
I put in my login and pass for the site, but still got an unable to connect to server msg.    I know they are correct, 'cause I tied using gallery remote and then up to the site itself just to be sure.  

Guess I'll just keep using Gallery Remote to get the pics up there for now as it is getting to be month end and I have alot of work to get done - for some reason our staff expect their paycheques on time  and the accountant gets cranky if I don't get the paperwork in on schedule  ;D

Mysticeti, thanks for the input. I saw that option, but choose the gallery remote one,  are they virtually the same thing?

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2004, 04:49:02 pm »

Mysticeti, thanks for the input. I saw that option, but choose the gallery remote one,  are they virtually the same thing?

I'm not sure.  In the end they accomplish the samething (get images into your gallery) but to be honest I haven't played around with Gallery Remote.  But in terms of simplicity and seemlessness the XP Publishing Wizard is excellent.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2004, 05:28:17 pm »

bebop,

I love your avatar :D   It could stand for "advanced tantric love techniques"

bebop

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2004, 07:59:14 pm »

Thanks..I can't remember where I found it...I saw Pip's and decided to get some of my own, so a surfin' I did go to many, many free sites and started my own collection - then it was like coffee in the morning...I was hooked!   ;D  Hummm...it reminds me of my youth ---woodstock, Peace marches, sit in's........
Pages: [1]   Go Up