INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Media Library" won't show up  (Read 4947 times)

tubedogg

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
"Media Library" won't show up
« on: July 24, 2004, 12:09:12 am »

Used to be when I selected "Trent's Media Center Music on KEVIN", I would see two entries - Media Library and Playlists. Now I only see Playlists. (This happens for both Music and Images). Media Library definitely exists within my MC Library, and it has a bunch of views set up in it. I haven't played music through TiVo since before I upgraded to MC10, so it may have stopped working when I upgraded.

Is it still supposed to be showing up? If so, any ideas on how to get it to?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re:"Media Library" won't show up
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 12:27:47 pm »

Get the latest version of 10. (10.0.150)

j

tubedogg

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 09:45:39 am »

Hi John, thanks for the response. I am currently using 10.0.150.

I tried creating another view scheme in Media Library that used the "Album Artist (Auto)/Album" preset, in case it wasn't liking my custom view schemes for some reason, but even after creating it and resharing the library, it still doesn't show up in TiVo.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 09:40:23 am »

Check the name of the library that you are using in Media Center, and then make sure that you are choosing that library to share on TiVo.

j

tubedogg

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 01:51:11 pm »

I have just double-checked and I am indeed using the Library that I mean to be using.

I have three libraries on my computer, and to test to see if my primary library was the source of this issue I tried selecting one of the other libraries to share, but the same thing happened - only Playlists shows up.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2004, 01:59:51 pm »

Can you play music through the playlists?

What format is your music (mp3, wav, ogg etc.)?

Try making a simple library containing just 1 mp3 (convert if neccesary) and see if
that library works.

j

tubedogg

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 10:33:23 am »

I can play music from the playlists on TiVo, yes.

About 1/2 of my music is in MP3, the other half in APE. I only play MP3s through TiVo though.

I created a test library as you suggested with a single MP3 and shared that library. Only Playlists appears on TiVo like with the other libraries, but with this library, when I select playlists, I get a message stating "This folder does not contain any playable music", despite the MP3. I created a static playlist and added the MP3 to it, and reshared, and I still receive that message upon entering the Playlists folder. I've tried this with two different MP3s now, completely deleting and recreating the library each time so as to only have one MP3 at a time. Neither is playable according to TiVo.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 12:10:02 pm »

Sounds like something is wrong with that mp3.

On your original library, choose a playlist and play it. Try the small library test again, but this time use the song that was playing in the playlist (so we know that the mp3 is ok).

Let me know...

j

tubedogg

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2004, 04:27:57 pm »

I got a chance to play around with it some more today, after updating to 10.0.155. Now on TiVo, when I'm sharing the test library I created that has one MP3, it shows "Audio" and "Playlists" on the first screen, and I can select and play the single MP3 just fine.

If I switch to my main library, it shows Playlists but not Audio.

I'm assuming therefore it doesn't like the way I have my views set up in my main library? The one in particular that I'd like to use has these settings:
Step 1:
 Preset: (Custom)
 Fields: Genre / Album Artist (Auto) / Album
Step 2:
 Auto-Name: Unchecked
 Name: MP3s
Step 3:
 Image: Audio
 Tree position: Automatic
 Populate Tree: No
 Honor parent scheme search strings: Yes
Step 4:
 [File Type]=[mp3]

I have six other view schemes, one of which is the default 'Advanced' set of schemes.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 01:07:58 pm »

I tried the view scheme you showed, and it worked fine for me.

Build a library containing MP3's that you are sure work (testing them as I described
earlier in this thread). Then add the view scheme (genre/album artist(auto)/album), and
see if TiVo gets it.

j

tubedogg

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 07:43:33 pm »

OK here's something weird.

I built a test library like you said, with MP3s that work on TiVo.

So far, everything shows up correctly on TiVo (both Audio and Playlists).

I then added a view scheme identical to the one in my other library, the one I described above. It was added inside Audio and it does not appear on TiVo.

However, if I drag-and-drop it in Media Center so it's inside Media Library, instead of inside Media Library > Audio, it *does* appear on TiVo, except it appears under Audio. ?!?

Not sure why that's happening, but I suppose at this point I should mention that I (in the past) removed the original Audio view scheme (and it's sub-schemes) from my main library, as well as the Images and Video view schemes. Right now, my Media Library has this structure:
Media Library
- APEs
 - Artist / Album
 - Cover Art
 - Date / Album
 - Genre / Album
 - Empty (not sure why this one is here, probably just forgot to delete it)
 - Disk Location
- MP3s
 - Artist / Album
 - Cover Art
 - Date / Album
 - Genre / Album
 - Soundtracks
 - Disk Location
SHNs
Album Artist (auto)/Album
All Music
APEs (done)
MP3s (done)
Advanced (came with MC)
Web Media (came with MC)

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004, 10:30:55 am »

This sounds like a known problem. You have to have "audio" and "image" view schemes. In the upper right, there's a music note, and a camera. Click on those and you'll see what TiVo will see. It should also give you the option to create them if they have been deleted.

j

tubedogg

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2004, 02:07:52 pm »

OK, I clicked that button and now Audio shows up on TiVo. Seems like everything is good now, thanks! :D

One weird thing though...If I try to page through the Audio list and click channel down or channel up twice in very quick succession, I get "Error #3-5-6" and it boots me back to the Music & Photos server menu. I don't remember this ever happening before.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2004, 01:44:24 pm »

Other users have reported this, but I can't reproduce it here. I've also tried remote debugging, but that didn't work. I'm still working on it, but it will probably be a while.

j

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2004, 10:30:47 pm »

John, I'm sorry, I'm not following this discussion very well.

Is this a known issue that the Media Library will not show up and you are working on it?  Or is there some sort of work-around that I am missing.

Clicking on the AUDIO link shows me an AUDIO database, but doesnt have most of my lists under it ... just three .. and none of these show up in TiVo ...

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2004, 10:00:36 am »

Hi Drosoph

The known issue is crashing when paging up or down rapidly.

Everything else should be fixed. Get the latest version (which version are you using?)
and make sure the playlists that don't show up have playable content (i.e. if you are
listening to music, the playlist must have music in it, not just images).

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up