INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iTunes streaming to Tivo HMO  (Read 2400 times)

jgullion

• Recent member
  • Still Wacko after all these years
iTunes streaming to Tivo HMO
« on: July 26, 2004, 06:58:23 pm »

(Not really sure which topic this should have gone to, so please feel free to move accordingly.)

I am having trouble with MC10 Media Server streaming music to my Tivo's Home Media Option.  It has been set up and working for a while.  I can currently stream any mp3 files with no problem.  But when I try to select a file that I purchased from Apple iTune, Tivo tries to play the file, but simply advances to the next song in the list until if finds one that is not protected.  On the Media Server console, it says that it cannot access the file in question.  I can play the same files through MC10 itself, just not on Media Server.  I could have sworn that this worked at one point in the past (although I could be wrong on that).

Anyone else able to make it work or is this another limitation of the m4p files?

Thanks

J

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:iTunes streaming to Tivo HMO
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 08:31:13 pm »

Media Center needs to convert files to MP3 to let TiVo play them.  The protected formats can't be converted, so this won't work.

jgullion

• Recent member
  • Still Wacko after all these years
Re:iTunes streaming to Tivo HMO
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 11:41:26 pm »

This, the inability to use the Audio Analysis feature, etc are really becoming a pain.  Any hope of getting better access to these protected files in the future?  I understand the licensing issue with Apple.  Does the recent developments with Real support for iPods help?
Pages: [1]   Go Up