INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod - Quiet songs and no Soundcheck  (Read 1636 times)

Photochromatic

iPod - Quiet songs and no Soundcheck
« on: July 30, 2004, 06:44:24 pm »

Hi.  
I have been using Media Center 10.0.150 instead of iTunes (or anything else) for a couple of days now.  Already I have fixed all my tags, sorted all my music into folders etc.  I love this product - it is like an MP3 Swiss Army Knife!

I have a couple of questions about syncing my iPod:

When I sync using Media Center, the volume is substantially quieter than when I sync using iTunes.  Too quiet, in fact.  I see that there are some options for changing the volume during syncing (when I right-click the M: drive; my iPod).  Can someone explain how these work and how thery are different please?  Do they affect sound quality or alter the mp3 files?

Also, I can't get Soundcheck to work if I have synced with Media Center.  Do I have to analyse all my music in Media Center first?

Thanks for your help
Photo

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:iPod - Quiet songs and no Soundcheck
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 10:25:25 pm »

Photo,

In regards to volume leveling you have a few options with MC. If you right click on your iPod drive letter in the tree, you will see an option for 'Set Upload Volume Adjustment' .  If you check the box for 'Adjust all file volumes' you can preselect an amount of volume to add or subtract to all files you are transferring.

Alternately, you can apply Replay Gain to your files in MC and then select the 'Apply Replay Gain' option in this dialogue to have the Replay Gain settings in MC applied to files on the iPod.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up