INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod & mini iPod: Sync both with MC?  (Read 1623 times)

Mighty_A-MAN

• Junior Woodchuck
  • The world rotates, so does my car's engine ...
iPod & mini iPod: Sync both with MC?
« on: July 31, 2004, 07:12:19 am »

Hi there,

I checked quite a few posts and the search function, but couldn't find an answer to my question, so here I go:

1) Can I sync several iPods separately with MC, or just one?

2) If I can sync several ones, is there a maximum of iPods to be synced?

3) Is the mini iPod handled the same way is the 3G iPod? My wife will get one soon and I want to make sure that I can sync it with my MC as well.

4) By the way: When I tried to synchronise my iPod with my notebood (normaly with the desktop PC), because I wanted the iPod music being copied to the notebook, in fact the iPod library on the handheld has been deleted. Is that normal or do I have to apply special settings?

Sorry, if any of these questions might have been answered already somewhere, but except the last one I checked the search function and quite some posts but couldn't find anything.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Mighty A-MAN

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:iPod & mini iPod: Sync both with MC?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 07:12:24 pm »

1) Can I sync several iPods separately with MC, or just one?

You can sync more than one.  It's a good idea to set the drive letter of each iPod to it's own, permanent letter (Rt click "My Computer," then go to "Manage," then "Disk Management.")  This way, you'll never be confused which iPod is which when they show up in MC.

2) If I can sync several ones, is there a maximum of iPods to be synced?

My guess is that you're only limited by the number of available drive letters, but I can't say whether or not MC has some sort of limitation in this regard.  I can say that I use MC to manage and sync two iPods with no problem, and they can both be plugged in at the same time.

I don't know the answers to your other questions.

One side note, check out the "Larry's iPod Notes" thread for the way I set up MC for managing and synching multiple iPods.  The setup process outlined in the document may seem a bit complex at first, but the end result is surpisingly intuitive and simple to use.  It's just a lot harder to explain how to set it up than it is to actually use it.

Larry

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 10:48:31 pm »

Mighty-A-Man,

There is no limitation on the number of drive letters in MC so many iPods should be fine.

3) Is the mini iPod handled the same way is the 3G iPod?

Yes.

4) By the way: When I tried to synchronise my iPod with my notebood (normaly with the desktop PC), because I wanted the iPod music being copied to the notebook, in fact the iPod library on the handheld has been deleted. Is that normal or do I have to apply special settings?

The synchroniztion is from PC (or notebook) to iPod, not the other way. If you want to move files from iPod to your notebook, right click on the files and select the 'Download files to PC' option or something similar.

Steve

PS. Thanks Larry.

Mighty_A-MAN

• Junior Woodchuck
  • The world rotates, so does my car's engine ...
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 02:16:32 pm »

Hi Larry, hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for your help on this! Really appreciated.    :D

Best regards,

Mighty A-MAN
Pages: [1]   Go Up