INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where did Synchronize go?  (Read 3449 times)

ranwill

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Where did Synchronize go?
« on: August 01, 2004, 07:23:53 pm »

I installed MC 11.0.46 and now I can't find the Synchrovize your iPod listed in the menu. Worked fine in MC 10. All the other optons are there, just none to synchronize. Can anyone Please help me?

I NEED MY IPOD!

Randy

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Where did Synchronize go?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 07:56:23 pm »

I remember reading something about them taking it out of the rt click menu and putting in only in the Action Window.  I really don't like this developement -- I really think it should stay in the rt click menu AND the AW.  If you feel that it should be put back into the rt click menu, you should voice your opinion.  This was briefly discussed in this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=22407;start=msg156371#msg156371

The popup synching window from version 10 was also apparently eliminated in favor of using the AW, which at least one person has said is way too small for this purpose (which I totally agree with.)  The solution is either to make the AW automatically expand to a more appropriate size when doing syncs, or to go back to the version 10 style popup window.

Larry

ranwill

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 08:54:35 pm »

Yup, I found the new transfer location, but I can't get MC to "see" my iPod. I've done a restore, but MC still says that the pod isn't there. I can' still sync with other programs, so the problem is just with MC and the iPod.

Any help?

Thanks
Randy

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 10:57:08 pm »

Everyone,

We will revisit the right click synchronization in MC 11 this week.

Randy,

Please reinstall MC 11.0.46 and if MC still does not see iPod, let me know what version of the Portable Drives plugin is installed (found in Tools->Plugin Manager->Hnadheld->Portable Drives) It should be 11.0.04.

Steve

ranwill

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 04:12:08 pm »

Steve,

Yup, the handheld plugin is 11.04. MC "sees" the iPod, but only as a harddrive. When I try to synchronize, it says that the iPod isn't connected or turned on.

I've restored the 'pod with no change

Randy

ranwill

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 05:15:09 pm »

Also, since I restored the ipod I should have to initialize it in MC- Right?

I don't see a menu item in MC 11 that allows me to initialize. Did it get moved?

Please help. I don't want to use iTunes!

Randy

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 09:37:21 am »

Randy,

After you restore the iPod, you must disconnect and reconnect the iPod. After you do this, the iPod firmware should create a folder on the iPod called 'iPod_Control.' If this folder is on the iPod, MC should detect it and know that iPod is not just any removable drive (which is how it is currently detecting your iPod). Please confirm that that folder is present on your iPod.

Steve

ranwill

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 04:47:19 pm »

Ok, Yes the ipod control folder is on the pod. When I try to sync I first get a messqage saying "MC has not stored information for this device. This may take several minutes, but will only be required once.

I click ok. Nothing appears to happen except that the transfer dialog appears. But it says that there are 0 bytes available even before I check any playlists. Once I check some, I go into minus bytes available

If I then hit transfer, I get a message saying Available space exceeded. Please remove some selections.

If I hit OK (the only option) the drag file dialog comes up.

If I drag a file and hit transfer ,the message says handheld que contains 1 file 8mb No device connected

Handheld device is not connected or could not be initialized.

I don't see any options on any menu to initialize like I used to see with MC 10

Any ideas before I revert to 10?

Randy

SteveG

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 10:29:30 am »

Randy,

The plugin you have installed is not recognizing your iPod as an iPod.  After some testing, I found the problem is that the plugin distributed with the current MC 11 build is not the up to date file. I have corrected this and the next build of MC 11 should solve the problem.

Steve

benrad

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 11:45:37 pm »

I'm currently having the same problems mentioned above (sees iPod as a HD and not as a device) and I'm using build 11 67. It had been working in the earlier build (64).

Any ideas?

SteveG

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2004, 11:22:52 am »

benrad,

I have  made modifications to MC 11 which should correct this in the next build.  Thanks,

Steve

benrad

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2004, 08:57:15 pm »

I'm still unable to synchronize. MC tells me that it needs to get information from the iPod, and then it crashes. Here's my system info:

Media Center Registered 11.0.70 -- d:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1658 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1015 MB, Free - 598 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: LITE-ON LTR-52246S        Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G: JLMS    XJ-HD166S         Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 2:2:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

SteveG

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2004, 08:44:47 am »

benrad,

I cannot duplicate this with MC 11.0.70.

MC tells me that it needs to get information from the iPod, and then it crashes.

Can you be specific about what MC says and when it says it?

Steve

benrad

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2004, 09:09:42 am »

I get the following message:
"MC has not stored information for this device. This may take several minutes, but will only be required once."

Then MC chugs for about 5 seconds, and I get the XP Application error dialog. I looked at the info, but it only seems to point at MusicJukebox.exe as the problem module....nothing more specific than that. Should try to reinitialize my iPod again?

SteveG

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2004, 03:29:31 pm »

benrad,

I am majorly overhauling the MC 11 Portable code. Please hold on MC 11 issues until next week when the reworked version is released and we can troubleshoot from there.

Thanks.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up