INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.51 Alpha Available  (Read 2926 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.51 Alpha Available
« on: August 05, 2004, 05:17:28 pm »

We're just starting work on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  When upgrading from MC 10, you will lose your settings.  Some plugins still do not work.

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110051.exe

11.0.51 (8/5/04)

1. NEW: Added experimental split views.  Hold CTRL while going to any view to make that view the bottom of the split view. (early stages -- there will be problems)
1. Fixed: When ripping CD's to wave format with "rip/encode simultaneous" disabled and "overwrite existing" enabled, the final file never showed up.
2. Fixed: The "rip/encode simultaneous" option did not sync up correctly between the two dialogs that it could be set from.
3. Fixed: If library was "cleared" while the CD rip action window was displayed, MC could crash.
4. Fixed: The "Show list" option in the CD rip action window wasn't working reliably since the latest changes to the tree display.
5. Fixed: Clicking on the tray icon with MC visible would not hide MC.

11.0.50 (8/5/04)

1. Fixed: Installation on a clean machine would not work. (failure to load JRImage message)
2. Fixed: Uninstaller could remove JROptionsHelper, which is needed by other JRiver programs. (Deskbar, etc.)
3. Changed: Direct3D core does a better job of testing for compatible devices.
4. Fixed: Direct3D file views would show "Failed to created D3D device" error when first creating a view.
5. Fixed: In some cases, playlist output could use the wrong files when outputting only the selected files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Media Center 11.0.51 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 05:19:04 pm »

1. NEW: Added experimental split views.  Hold CTRL while going to any view to make that view the bottom of the split view. (early stages -- there will be problems)

This is a big one.  People have been asking for it for a long, long time.

To try it, go to Media Library.  Then hold down CTRL and click on Playing Now.  You'll see that both views are visible at once.

This is bleeding edge, so expect some problems.  Let us know what you find, and thanks for any feedback.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 05:34:23 pm »

direct x problems are fixed for me in ver. 50.  I won't have time to look at 51.

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 05:55:25 pm »

Still having the same problems that I've had in the last two builds:  Installer hanging at the prompt to install shortcuts, and a window telling me to run the program once with admin rights every time I run it.

As for the split window thing, how do you get rid of the split windows once you activate them?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 06:02:13 pm »

Paul,
You may have a security issue or something non-MC related.  Please start a new thread.

LonWar

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 06:02:24 pm »

Problems:

**If another app is behind mc, when you click on different playlists you will see what is behind MC brifly..
**Cntrl O (Options) brings back the following error twice, then opens options: An unsupported opertation was attempted.
**In options the second icon (Under CD Writer) has no name.

The split panes----- AMAZING... Needs to have labling or a name so you know which is the playing now list, and which is the library.

There can also be a black space between the 2 panes... Whats that for?

Feature Requests

**Be able to have the EQ always visible in MegaMe
**Be able to change the tool tip fonts and background color... Would love to be able to use the ThunderStorm windowblinds skin again.
**Any way for you guys to be able to let us specify different Import locations for each library

Thanks,
-

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 06:11:31 pm »

Split view is very nice. I liked the fact that I can see the playing now view while selecting songs. It may be complicated for average users. I am sure you will think of ways for preconfiguring it nicely. Being a "download new alpha every day" user, I liked the CTRL access method.

REQUEST: tooltips for view schemes. Autosizing is nice but not sufficient. I really really want to see what I am going to listen. ;)

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 07:04:41 pm »

Sorry to report that...

V 151 is not usable for me.

Left tree still looses focus after an item is selected.  The focus moves to the right window; not very intuitive.

When MC messes up and closes down, it usually comes back up (after a re-load) to a much smaller window... not where I left it.

TV won't play, get message "Failed to play TV.  Unknown error".

I had to put 145 back in to get the TV working again.

Am still getting the error message that a lot of other users are getting after installing MC. :'(
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 07:33:09 pm »

Okay I found some time to test 51  ;D

It's neat and I like it, but it needs to be clearer how to turn it off and get things back to normal.  Also needs to be easy to tell which view is going to change if you click somewhere.

It seems to me that the right click menu needs to be able control all of this.

Right click on the bottom and select switch to playing now.
Right click on the bottom and select switch to images and so forth.

I would also like a right click Close second view command.

Makes me very jealous of people with 20 inch and above monitors.  It's not very practical on my 15 inch laptop screen.

Marra

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 09:39:51 pm »

Im still getting "white boxes" with no images in Alt 3
mode.
Using directx9.0b, NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 model 64 pro with 32mb memory.
Other sys info :
Media Center 11.0.51 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1399 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 52 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1552 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556 (xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: MITSUMI CR-4804TE         Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: MITSUMI  CR-4804TE          Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 11:15:55 pm »

Split view is a great feature.   :)

An interesting bug when I have no application windows open behind MC:  If I click in the MC screen in a spot where there is a desktop icon behind the MC window, a square hole momentarily appears in MC, showing the desktop icon and part of the desktop.

I'd like to encourage you to develop a new set of icons for MC11.  They make a big impression...  At the least, changing the Media Library, Playlist, and Playlist Group icons will be a big improvement.  

Bean

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2004, 12:40:47 am »

An interesting bug when I have no application windows open behind MC:  If I click in the MC screen in a spot where there is a desktop icon behind the MC window, a square hole momentarily appears in MC, showing the desktop icon and part of the desktop.

I got the same problem as well. First time i had it was with version 11.0.49

Dragyn

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2004, 08:13:32 am »

been playing with the splits. things I noticed but you probably already know.

status bar/action window only works for bottom view.

2 views can have the same thing. like playing now and playing now. in this situation, it's probably best to scrap the second view.

in a rare instance (haven't pinpointed it yet), playing now becomes frozen and no songs can be played. have to restart mc.

then I also get the windows behind mc showing through
lots of flickering (most near bottom toolbar)
options screen comes up with 2 error boxes (an unsupported operation was attempted; first noticed in this build)
i also get white boxes; ran a direct3d test and it reports everything is ok (nvidia tnt2; drivers updated as far as I can tell)
to me, I think ctrl should sticky the top instead of bottom view. seems kinda backwards to me.

Media Center Registered 11.0.51 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 157 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1557 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556 (xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive I:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive J:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2004, 08:17:52 am »

I get an error every time I open the options dialog  It says "An unsupported operation was attempted" three times and them opens.  The selected option group (Second down) is blank when it opens as well.

Split panes are nice, I guess I close it by minimizing it?

I'm not sure what else to provide as I do not think it is environment related.

Is the alpha installer setup to go through some settings automatically?  It automatically goes through screens for me and does not allow me to customize options.  Very odd indeed.

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2004, 09:20:56 am »

I managed to get a black gap to open up between split panes. If you click on the right hand little arrow at the top of the bottom pane it opens up a gap between the panes. If you click on the same arrow again, it compresses the bottom pane completely leaving a bigger gap. If you click on it again, the bottom pane opens up, leaving a gap between it and the top pane. You have to click on the left hand arrow to close the gap. If you click on the left hand arrow initially, the same gap opens. If you click on that arrow again, the gap closes again. I had expected the top pane to be enlarged as the bottom pane was compressed.

The arrows at the bottom of the top pane work exactly as I would expect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up