INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.52 Alpha Available  (Read 4415 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.52 Alpha Available
« on: August 06, 2004, 02:06:39 pm »

We're just starting work on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  When upgrading from MC 10, you will lose your settings.  Some plugins still do not work.

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110052.exe

11.0.52 (8/6/04)

1. Fixed: Names like "E5150" could get interpreted as scientific notation and stored incorrectly in the database.
2. Fixed: Webpage type views could show extra borders in some cases.
3. Fixed: MC could display an error message when going into options.
4. NEW: 'All' item shows in Tree and Theater View like it shows in the panes. (allows a level to be bypassed)
5. Fixed: In some cases, pane content caching could cause the panes to work improperly.
6. Changed: Several optimizations to new window layout engine.

11.0.51 (8/5/04)

1. NEW: Added experimental split views.  Hold CTRL while going to any view to make that view the bottom of the split view. (early stages -- there will be problems)
1. Fixed: When ripping CD's to wave format with "rip/encode simultaneous" disabled and "overwrite existing" enabled, the final file never showed up.
2. Fixed: The "rip/encode simultaneous" option did not sync up correctly between the two dialogs that it could be set from.
3. Fixed: If library was "cleared" while the CD rip action window was displayed, MC could crash.
4. Fixed: The "Show list" option in the CD rip action window wasn't working reliably since the latest changes to the tree display.
5. Fixed: Clicking on the tray icon with MC visible would not hide MC.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

TimB

Re:Media Center 11.0.52 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 02:16:11 pm »

You hosting on a new server?  High speed downloads are about 33% faster than in the fairly recent past!!

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

Omni

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 02:22:38 pm »

You hosting on a new server?  High speed downloads are about 33% faster than in the fairly recent past!!

Gee, thanks.  Apparently, upon seeing your message, they fixed the problem.  :P  It's now just as slow as it always has been. :)

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 02:46:56 pm »

Problems:

**If another app is behind mc, when you click on different playlists you will see what is behind MC brifly..                     Fixed  ;D
**Cntrl O (Options) brings back the following error twice, then opens options: An unsupported opertation was attempted.     Fixed  ;D

**In options the second icon (Under CD Writer) has no name.       Fixed  ;D

Feature Requests

**Be able to have the EQ always visible in MegaMe
**Be able to change the tool tip fonts and background color... Would love to be able to use the ThunderStorm windowblinds skin again.
**Any way for you guys to be able to let us specify different Import locations for each library

Thanks,

Listening to: 'E5150' from 'Mob Rules, The' by 'Black Sabbath' on Media Center 11

;D
-

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 02:51:53 pm »

Listening to: 'E5150' from 'Mob Rules, The' by 'Black Sabbath' on Media Center 11

Heh!  Thanks for the fix guys!

LonWar

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 04:55:10 pm »

How do you turn off the multi panes??
-

Omni

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 05:18:11 pm »

How do you turn off the multi panes??

Good question!  ;D

LonWar

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 07:14:13 pm »

I checked out the panes and tried to get them back to normal.

When I'm playing a song and click "Playing Now" I no longer get the TrackInfo or anything else... Just a black box

http://www3.sympatico.ca/imjustagamer/PlayingNowBlanc.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am also getting an error after listening to a music file :  Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files....."  

Several files, It plays 1 half way through then gives me that.... I'll try reinstalling...

Was listening to MC,
-

TimB

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 07:40:25 pm »

Gee, thanks.  Apparently, upon seeing your message, they fixed the problem.  :P  It's now just as slow as it always has been. :)

Sorry. :(

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

matshif

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2004, 11:43:57 pm »

1. NEW: Added experimental split views.  Hold CTRL while going to any view to make that view the bottom of the split view. (early stages -- there will be problems)

I don't have this one in 11.0.52.

Omni

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2004, 12:31:17 am »

I don't have this one in 11.0.52.

Interesting.  This works fine for me, but that Alt-3 thingy doesn't.  I wonder if there is a pattern here....

matshif

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2004, 02:34:48 am »

I had it in .51  :-\

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2004, 09:03:52 am »

When I'm playing a song and click "Playing Now" I no longer get the TrackInfo or anything else... Just a black box

I am also getting an error after listening to a music file :  Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files....."  

Several files, It plays 1 half way through then gives me that.... I'll try reinstalling...

Was listening to MC,

Same here for both problems.

Michel (Also was listening to MC...   ;))

System details:

Media Center Registered 11.0.52 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1999 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 356 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1552 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556 (xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive I:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive I: MATSHITA DVD-RAM LF-D521    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

LonWar

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2004, 11:15:42 am »

Was listening to MC,

Same here for both problems.

Michel (Also was listening to MC...   ;))

System details:

AMD Athlon 1999 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 356 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1552 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556 (xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive I:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive I: MATnutsA DVD-RAM LF-D521    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Good to know it aint me...

Listening to: 'Music' from 'Draghdad' by 'Out Of Your Mouth' on Media Center 11

I reinstalled this build and all is well... I will just stay out of the split panes for now.
-

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2004, 11:45:50 am »

Finally! I can now control MC through my Microsoft keyboard! Thanks guys!

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2004, 12:04:38 pm »

Good to know it aint me...

Listening to: 'Music' from 'Draghdad' by 'Out Of Your Mouth' on Media Center 11

I reinstalled this build and all is well... I will just stay out of the split panes for now.

Maybe it's a "Canadian only bug"... LOL!

I re-installed 11.0.52 over 11.0.52 and the split pane problem disapeared...

But I'm still getting "Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Error unknown. Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location".

It seems to be unpredictable. Sometimes I can play only one song and when I click another song, I get the error. Sometimes I can play a few songs before the problem appears.

And the situation is the same whether I select a song via MC's library or via Windows Explorer....

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2004, 12:20:58 pm »

I re-installed 11.0.52 over 11.0.52 and the split pane problem disapeared...

But I'm still getting "Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Error unknown. Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location".

It seems to be unpredictable. Sometimes I can play only one song and when I click another song, I get the error. Sometimes I can play a few songs before the problem appears.

And the situation is the same whether I select a song via MC's library or via Windows Explorer....

UPDATE:

- After re-booting, the problem is the same.
- Seems lke MC can only play the 1st song selected. When it tries to play the next song in Playing Now, it throws the error at me. Same situation if I try to change songs while the first track selected is playing.

M.

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2004, 01:11:27 pm »

Not sure if this stuff is bugs or simple ignorance, but I didnt want to create unnecessary threads.

I caved in and installed this build side by side with 10.0.57. It was the dual view that convinced me. Seems to work OK so far...

1. I find I can get the Alt+3 Direct X thing to work - looks interesting. However I find it doesnt show all my albums or images, depending on view. For albums I get a paneful of seeming random albums, and for images I get about 25% of a pane of seeming random images. I cant find a pattern to what is displayed and what is not. Problem with the build or am I missing something?

2. MC11 starts up maximised each time and I change to my preferred window sizing, but it will not remember the previous window size on the next start up.

3. Theres no way to change the list style in the default install - the MC10 menu is missing. Drove me insane looking for it. I had to add a button to the toolbar before I could try Alt+3. Probably intentional in this alpha build I guess.

4. As I understand it, view scheme filter columns should be autosized - they are not. Cant find a way of getting them resized.

**If another app is behind mc, when you click on different playlists you will see what is behind MC brifly..                    Fixed  
**Cntrl O (Options) brings back the following error twice, then opens options: An unsupported opertation was attempted.    Fixed  

**In options the second icon (Under CD Writer) has no name.      Fixed

5. Not for me. When options opens its the Devices item that is blanked. I assume that is the source of the messages.

I have a horrible feeling all this has been documented. This is the earliest Ive ever tried a new build so Im probably out of my depth. Hope Im not diluting a bug thread. Thanks.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2004, 08:43:39 pm »

Bugs:

-- Won't allow loading a library from a network share.

-- After side by side install of MC10 and MC11, neither Media Server works. Each will execute by then terminate without an error message, and icon in the task bar remains.

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2004, 01:51:50 am »

It could be the optimisations to the drawing engine, but I'm getting two anomolies with .52:

1) File Properties from Action Window isn't showing the left (back) arrow, and if minimized/restored it returns to the main Action Window page

2) Clicking Burn CD from the Action Window presents the data/audio CD option, and after clicking next shows the big DROP FILES HERE window.  BUT...after that, it won't update as titles are dropped unless you minimize and restore its window.

Also, when all panes are set to All and you hover the pointer over an album thumbail, instead of saying "x files - y GB" based on that album (and listing the titles), it lists the entire library's quantity of files and GB, and displays <too many files to list> instead of the album titles.  This goes back to at least .51, which happens to fix the two other problems mentioned above.

-Doug

Dragyn

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2004, 07:12:00 am »

• On skin change, 'Playing Now' dies. Have to restart MC.
  • I've been seeing MC as 'Always on Top' a lot more in this build than any. Have to restart to fix.
  • Status Bar/AW only works for bottom split view.

AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 230 MB

Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive I:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive J:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2004, 07:44:18 am »

Couple of quick requests:

* Since a new backup is created on each import, can we set the number of MAX Backups to retain?
    * [Date (Month #)] Field -- Please ?
    *  Using [Dimensions] (Calculated Field) in a thumbnail view shows "CIRCULAR: Dimensions" instead.
    * Media Server -- Allow us to select which fields are included, if I elimiinate Lyrics/Bios I can reduce the downlaod size by about 80% !!!
    * Full EXIF Parsing Support -- To allow custom field creation from these tags, as well.
    * On Duplicate checking, allow a "Selection~" tag so that I can select the Low Bitrate, or Smallest Filesize, or Oldest File, etc
    * A new version of the SlideShow plugin that works with V11 would be sweet !
    * Auto-Import Functionality (Use Media Scheduler to import basedon the new intelligent import wizard)
    * While I'm at it ... Why not throw my Pie-in-the-Sky request -- CD+G Support Plugin!

What do the following fields mean?
Playback Range
Mix Album
Text

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2004, 02:43:28 pm »

when i play a file from a large playlist and flick to 'playing now' the list starts at the file after the one i'm listening to, meaning that i have to manually scroll up to see whats playing now. Didnt it used to show files from last played onwards...

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2004, 05:54:44 pm »

Change requests:

1.  As requested by quite a number of people, can we get the rip workflow changed?  MC should allow us to check and change tags on subsequent CDs before the ripping process starts.  Currently, it just starts ripping if a new disk is inserted after another one is completed.  If YADB doesn't contain the correct information, you can end up with several "unknown" CDs on your hard disk.  It also might overwrite existing music files if a CD that you have already ripped is mistakenly inserted.

2.  The default or base path should in fact be default every time you bring up a dialog that uses it.  If I have to rename files from tags and I need to use a drive other than the default, the "Rename Files from Tags" dialog should *not* remember the manual path change, but should always default to the default path.

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2004, 06:41:01 pm »

Couple of quick requests:

* Since a new backup is created on each import, can we set the number of MAX Backups to retain?
    * [Date (Month #)] Field -- Please ?
    *  Using [Dimensions] (Calculated Field) in a thumbnail view shows "CIRCULAR: Dimensions" instead.
    * Media Server -- Allow us to select which fields are included, if I elimiinate Lyrics/Bios I can reduce the downlaod size by about 80% !!!
    * Full EXIF Parsing Support -- To allow custom field creation from these tags, as well.
    * On Duplicate checking, allow a "Selection~" tag so that I can select the Low Bitrate, or Smallest Filesize, or Oldest File, etc
    * A new version of the SlideShow plugin that works with V11 would be sweet !
    * Auto-Import Functionality (Use Media Scheduler to import basedon the new intelligent import wizard)
    * While I'm at it ... Why not throw my Pie-in-the-Sky request -- CD+G Support Plugin!

Yeah...  what he said!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2004, 11:11:04 am »

1.  As requested by quite a number of people, can we get the rip workflow changed?  MC should allow us to check and change tags on subsequent CDs before the ripping process starts.  Currently, it just starts ripping if a new disk is inserted after another one is completed.  If YADB doesn't contain the correct information, you can end up with several "unknown" CDs on your hard disk.  It also might overwrite existing music files if a CD that you have already ripped is mistakenly inserted.

Simply click the "Finish" button after each CD.  Then insert the next CD to rip and press the Rip CD item in the Action Window.  You can edit the properties or click the "Rip" button from there.

Auto-ripping by inserting a new disc should only be used if you want no-interaction ripping.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2004, 01:15:38 pm »

-- After side by side install of MC10 and MC11, neither Media Server works. Each will execute by then terminate without an error message, and icon in the task bar remains.

I can't quite reproduce this.

Exit Media Server (make sure there is no icon in the task bar). Start Media Server from either 10 or 11, it should work.  While the first is still running, try to start another. It won't work. But you can still see the icon from the first in the task bar. Is this what you are seeing?

j

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2004, 01:35:36 pm »

Simply click the "Finish" button after each CD.  Then insert the next CD to rip and press the Rip CD item in the Action Window.  You can edit the properties or click the "Rip" button from there.

The problem is that this is another thing to remember.  I know about this behavior and I still sometimes put in a new CD while I'm doing other things (and forget to click finished beforehand).  Can't autoripping be made an option?  I will never use it, and I always want to check tags before the rip.

IMO autoripping causes more work than it saves as tags usually need to be updated and if the CD is not in YADB, all of the tags need to be updated, then a rename from tags needs to be performed.  It's just super irritating when it happens.

The way it stands now, MC could very possibly start overwriting files that already exist on your hard disk.  There is no overwrite warning...

From posts on the issue, it does seem to me that the vast majority of your users prefer this behavior changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up