INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld Progress dialog at end of sync  (Read 2824 times)

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
Handheld Progress dialog at end of sync
« on: August 13, 2004, 09:20:15 pm »

Not sure if this goes in this forum, please move it if not ...

MC build 161 ... After sync'ing to Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra, the "Handheld Progress" status in the Action Window area hangs on the last sync'd item - the progress bar is like 75% filled, and the dialog says:

Uploading:
File 123 of 123 0%
Speed: 7.52MB/s - 0:01 remaining.
                               Cancel

... and then pressing Cancel gives "Are you sure..." dialog but selecting Yes does nothing, and the X to close the dialog does nothing either.  However, the sync does successfully complete.

Jukebox plugin is: Nomad Jukebox 9.0.54

Media Center Registered 10.0.161 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1993 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 73 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1552 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556 (xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive V: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-106D  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive V: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Handheld Progress dialog at end of sync
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 09:17:03 am »

Markeau,

What happens if you sync a smartlist other than the ones you are currently using? Or what is the last file that is synching? What happens if it is removed from the sync?

I want to establish that the freeze is not being caused by a particular file.

Steve

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 09:37:01 am »

Actually this problem has been happening for weeks, and  lot of different files/playlists/smartlists have been created/modified/removed/etc during that time ... that status box always hangs - but the sync's were always successful.

When the status box cannot be closed as mentioned earlier, if I sync again a new status box is created above it (and the 1st one shrinks down), and it, too, will hang at the end and cannot be closed.  If I sync again, the 2nd status box shrinks down and a 3rd status box is created above them

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 04:55:44 pm »

I cannot duplicate what you are seeing. Can anyone else?

Steve

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 10:15:11 am »

I have the same problem as described by Markeau and mine has been around for awhile.  I am trying now to duplicate again as I have not tried since I downloaded 11.  I do know that I cannot sync with 11.  When will that be resolved?

I will update you once I sync with 10.

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 10:38:33 am »

TXGary,

What goes wrong when you try to sync using MC v 11?

In regards to the hanging of the transfer in 10, are you seeing the same pattern as Markeau where it hangs on the last file of the sync? If so, does this happen no matter what playlist/smartlist you sync?

Steve

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 10:48:01 am »

Let me just clarify: for me only the dialog box hangs, the actual sync/transfer is always successful ... it's like the dialog box is not updating properly when the sync ends.  [This has been with multiple versions of ATI Radeon 8500 drivers, am on ATI 4.8 catalyst now].  I wonder if installing v10 versions on top of itself has caused this weirdness - I should probably try a uninstall and clean reinstall.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 11:45:31 am »

I am syncing in MC 10 and get the following
"2560 cancel remaining file transfers"  I answer no
It dowloads the rest. Only 41 in this particular download.  and it hangs on 40 of 41 4.11 remain....
It shows the song to be Jump by the Pointer Sisters.  That songs is on my Zen.  
I do have to cancel the above screen in the lower left corner.  Then it asks if I am sure I want to cancel.  I say yes and all appears well.  I am not sure what the 41st song is........

Hope this helps.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 11:48:50 am »

You ask about version 11.  should zen sync work at this time?

SteveG

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 01:42:18 pm »

Markeau,

If you don't mind the uninstall/ reinstall, that would be good. No one else has reported what you are seeing.

TXgary,

Zen sync should work with MC 11.  

2560 means there is an error in transferring the audiofile format for that file. It is a Creative error code, so I am not sure exactly what the deal is. You should be able to see that file fail with other applications. You can email it to me if you want me to test it.  Can you figure out the file that is failing by transferring a playlist of the 41 files and then comparing them? Also, the Action Window should show the status of the file which is transferring (with the name) but I presume you are not seeing this.

Steve

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2004, 01:53:08 pm »

I have a large number of playlists with over 3200 songs.  The 41 songs were the ones not synced as yet.  
Should I remove all on the zen and re-sync?  Would that help me identify the corrupted file?

I will try MC 11 again. with Zen.

SteveG

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2004, 05:40:06 pm »

TXgary,

What happens if you drag and drop the 41 files onto the Nomad. Can you figure out which file is failing this way?

Steve

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2004, 07:51:03 pm »

I just don't know which 41 files it is as I have 3500 on the zen thru playlists.  I will work on it now and let you know.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2004, 09:53:40 pm »

In MC 11 I cannot see the Zen drive as I can on 10 and the info that is already on the Zen I cannot see.  
I need to reset the zen to 0 files as I have all my playlists from MC10
Currently MC11 is showing that I will be over if I sync the playlists I have chosen.  So I guess it does not recognize the playlists from MC 10.

I will reset and let you know.
There needs to be a view button so one can view the files on the zen and maybe it is there I just don't know how to use it yet.  
I also get a lot of "server busy"  not sure what that is all about.  When I get that I have to reboot.  It appears I get that when I have not sequenced my bootup correctly meaning when to turn on the zen and when to plug it into the usb port.

SteveG

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2004, 03:28:27 pm »

TXGary,

I am majorly overhauling the MC 11 Portable code. Please hold on MC 11 issues until next week when the reworked version is released and we can troubleshoot from there.

Thanks.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up