INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: non-alphabet problem  (Read 749 times)

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
non-alphabet problem
« on: November 07, 2002, 06:56:05 pm »

Hi,

I've installed MJ8.0.388 and noticed it is converting all non-alphabet characters into '?' when I imported mp3 and other music files.  I'm using non-alphabet character as directory and file names.  However, MJ8 converts them to '?' and cannot read any information from music files (because actual file names are not using '?'.  whenever I forced MJ8 to read files, it said there was no ??.mp3 file).

I was using MJ8.0.348 before.  I updated latest version several times.  They were working so so, but 388 started above conversion.  Is it possible to not converting them in future release?

Moreover, even MJ8.0.348, it did something wrong with non-alphabet characters.  For example, it treats '\' character as a special character and convert it to something else.  It was wrong in multi language Windows environment.  For example, "hello\\" (I'm using C notation here, please think "\\" as '\') is not allowed but "\217\\\216\232" is OK because "\217\\" is a single KANJI character.  However, MJ8.0.348 checks '\' as it was all alphabet and converts it to another character without considering such non-alphabet environment.  I'm not familier to Windows API, so I don't know how to solve this problem.  I hope Windows API has some APIs to solve these problems, and I wish if you could use them.

Thank you in advance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up