INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viewing Broken Links in Library (MC11)  (Read 880 times)

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Viewing Broken Links in Library (MC11)
« on: August 17, 2004, 03:58:59 am »

Okay, I upgraded my system this weekend, and in my organizational enthusiam, I have spent the past two days formatting every drive I own and moving everything around.

About 90% of my library was in a nice, common location (ex. "M:\Music"), so the links for those tracks were easy to fix with the handy-dandy Find and Replace library tool.  It's the other 10% that is causing me trouble.

Is there a way (Smartlist?) to view just the items that have broken links?

I'm not interested in having MC search for broken links and automatically fixing them mind you.  (I know that is a new option in the Import tool.)  I just want to see the list so I can fix them myself.  (I have my reasons. :))

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Viewing Broken Links in Library (MC11)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 08:01:16 am »

Can I get a list of broken links by looking at the log after running Import Media (even if I am not really importing anything and have fix broken links unchecked)?

MC looks like it checks for broken links in this circumstance and creates a log entry called "Checking for missing and changed files." But there is nothing under that log entry and I'd just like to make sure that means "there are no broken links" rather than "MC just didn't generate a list of them for the log file."

Thanks.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up