INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center doesn't see Nomad Jukebox  (Read 2185 times)

Sunshy

• Change this by choosing profile
Media Center doesn't see Nomad Jukebox
« on: August 17, 2004, 02:47:54 pm »

I just downloaded Jukebox & Media Center and neither will work with my Nomad Jukebox. I have the latest driver for it and I know it's working fine since the Creative Mediasource software works with it. I've checked the "WDM" box in the options. Any other ideas as to how to get it to see my nomad?

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Media Center doesn't see Nomad Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 02:52:56 pm »

Did you download the plugin?
-

SteveG

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 05:04:57 pm »

Sunshy,

If you are running with WMDM enabled, you may or may not have the correct drivers installed so that MC can recognize the Nomad. To verify, run Windows Media Player and see if it detects the Nomad. If it does, we should. Alternately, download the plugin for Nomad Jukebox that imjustagamer referred to and uncheck the box for 'Enable WMDM support'.

Steve

Sunshy

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 11:19:38 am »

Thanks for your posts. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already had the plugin installed. I uninstalled and then reinstalled jus to make sure and still no luck. I opened up Windows Media Player and I did not see my nomad there. I unchecked the WDB mox and still get the error. Any other ideas?

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 11:38:30 am »

Sunshy,

What error do you get? Something like 'Initialization failed'? If so, it is a driver issue. Try going to Creative's site (www.nomadworld.com) and get the latest drivers for your player and see if that does the trick.  Where did you get the drivers you are running? Also, what OS are you running?

Steve

Sunshy

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 02:28:54 pm »

I installed the latest driver for my Nomad, but now I get the following message:

You appear to have a plugin installed other than one for MC 10. Please install the appropriate plugin.

I got the plugin through MC 10 itself by clicking tools, plugin manager, download plugin. It is called "hh_nomadjukebox.mjp" Is there another plugin somewhere else that I'm missing? I'm using Windows XP. Thanks again.

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 05:05:30 pm »

Sunshy,

When you get to the Plugin page, be sure Media center version 10.0 is selected in the upper left hand corner of the page (under '1. Before you Start') , then select 'Handheld Plugins' before downloading the plugin.

Steve

Sunshy

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 06:29:55 pm »

Uninstalled and made sure OS was XP and version was MC 10. Installed again and still no luck :( I get the message: "Initialization failed. Please make sure the player is connected and on and that the correct drivers are installed." Anything else I could try?

SteveG

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 09:49:49 am »

Sunshy,

Sorry for the delay in response, I have been away on vacation.

Where did you get the drivers for your Nomad. If you post a link to them, I will test them here. The 'Initialization' error refers to incorrect drivers.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up