INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Standard and user-defined ID3 Tags  (Read 1004 times)

SurFan

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Standard and user-defined ID3 Tags
« on: August 22, 2004, 04:37:25 am »

Hi,

first of all thanks to the developer for this excellent program. I will surely register in the next few days

I've looked around, but I couldn't find a suitable answer for my problem getting some Standard ID3V2 Tags that are not part of the internal database field list (for instance "TIT2")  and my user defined ones (via some "TXXX"-Tag) into the Listviews.

The only thing I was able to do, is to create a simple Test-Program that creates a tag that MC11 was able to display. But the tag has to be in MCs "internal" format, that is a "COMM"-Tag with description "Media Jukebox: <Name of the field>".

Am I missing something? Of course it would be easy to create a utility that converts those tags to ones that MC understands, but I would prefer the other way.

Thanks in advance
Ralph

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Standard and user-defined ID3 Tags
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 06:56:04 am »

Try adding a new field with that name.

SurFan

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re:Standard and user-defined ID3 Tags
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 07:25:02 am »

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I think I already did that. Under Tools/Options/Tree&View under "Library fields/Add..." I added a field called "TIT3" (not TIT2, this is the supported Songname), Category Audio and "Store in File Tags" checked. Then I changed the Listview of the Library window to show my new fields. But the values don't show.

This is somewhat clear, as when I look in the "action window" under "File Properties/FileTypeInfo" the new field is listed, but in a "COMM"-Tag. Looking up the tag with my test-utility shows a description called "Media Jukebox: TIT3" as I stated above.

Ralph
Pages: [1]   Go Up