INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 uses what engine for tv display?  (Read 2591 times)

yorri

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
MC11 uses what engine for tv display?
« on: August 23, 2004, 03:36:28 am »

What software/hardware/engine does MC use to display a tv signal?  Is it direct x or something else?

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re:MC11 uses what engine for tv display?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 03:43:53 pm »

I'm not totally positive about this but I believe DirectX 9 (not sure if it will still work on older versions); plus you have to already have a TV installed from you video and \ or TV card.

Example: I use ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 Pro video card with integrated TV and FM radio.  If the ATI TV messes up then MC TV also messes up. :P
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

yorri

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 03:39:30 am »

Thanks.

I have learned that it is directshow (which I believe is part of directx)

I found that I get the best quality with windvd recorder but will be upgrading at least to a 9600 card or higher and a hauppage pvr250 next month.

Now that I know what I am looking for it is much easier to find what I need. ;)

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 09:26:40 am »

One thing about video cards...

The ATI A-I-W 9600, 9600 Pro, and 9600 XT all have only analog output (no DVI or digital output). Many cards have both analog and digital outputs.

Some users have reported poor image quality with analog input to an LCD monitor.

I am running the ATI A-I-W 9600 Pro (analog output) to my brand new Samsung 243t 24 inch widescreen LCD monitor and find the image quality to be outstanding; in fact, it is much better then I was getting on my Sony 19 inch flat-screen CRT monitor which I always considered to be above average.

One of the reviews I read (in Game PC) said the reviewer who tested the Samsung found the analog image to be very much inferior to digital input.  In my case the image quality with analog is outstanding so I believe it may be due to the brand and model of video card used (the reviewer was using a nVidia card).

The ATI A-I-W cards have two really nice features (besides great analog out)...

1: Integrated FM radio tuner built into the TV module.  Works great.

2: Dual monitor output connectors so you can run two monitors at the same time.  The ATI software also has wonderful dual monitor setup and control.

Yorri, I am on my third ATI A-I-W video card with built-in TV and they have all performed exceptionally well.

Microsoft has been using ATI A-I-W cards in the development of Windows since Win 95; in fact when I was using Win 95 and installed my first ATI A-I-W, I finally had my first really reliable TV on a computer after going through 5 other TV cards (I'm now on my 8th TV card).
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

yorri

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 09:58:33 pm »

I don't have an LCD monitor because I am not happy with them.

Using the argument that Microsoft uses AIW is enough for me NOT to use it. That means nothing.  I will go with what others consider the best which is the Hauppage pvr250 and the 9800PRo that supports every DirectX9 feature for video display that some other software uses for transparency etc...not needed but I would like to test it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up