INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't use 30 day trial??  (Read 1721 times)

stanleyg

• Change this by choosing profile
Can't use 30 day trial??
« on: August 26, 2004, 08:58:29 am »

Help..my son told me to try media center for 30 day trial--he uses it.  I downloaded it, and a message said my 30 trial was expired??.  Unless I am doing something wrong, why am I unable to try the software?

Stan

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Can't use 30 day trial??
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 09:17:06 am »

Maybe your son downloaded and tried the software earlier?  There's no way around that other than purchasing.

stanleyg

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 11:10:05 am »

Thanks for the quick reply...but I am more confused then ever.  My son about a year ago said he tried the sofware, then purchased it.

So whether or  not my son or "santa"  recommended trying the program, WHY SHOULD I HAVE A PROBLEM TRYING IT LIKE ANYONE ELSE. I sure would be quick and ready to pay for the program, but Being a 59 year old computer challenged person, my son said, try the program, and he would take me through it to be comfortable, before I purchased.  Am I still missing something?

Stan

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 12:03:49 pm »

Check your system clock,

If that's correct, it looks like someone installed the trial on that machine in the past.

-

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 12:27:33 pm »

If that's correct, it looks like someone installed the trial on that machine in the past.
imjustagamer means "not correct", I think.

I am not sure if that matters, probably only if you have changed the system time and date after MC installation.

I suppose your son's MC is on totally different PC and this the first time you have MC installed on your PC. Right?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

stanleyg

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 01:20:50 pm »

The laptop was given to me by our company.  To the best of  my knowlege the software has never been installed before.  I recall seeing realplayer, Roxio already installed.  I have downloaded sonic stage, and simple burner for my sony mini disc system.  And what triggered the call to my son for a better rip and burn program was that I purchased from Staples last week : "magix MP3 gold, and I found the instructions for me too hard to understand..And that's why my son said to download a trial of media center that he felt was the best--, and he would walk me through it before I would purchase it.

Stan

Omni

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 04:36:44 pm »

Well, some coworker apparently installed it on that laptop before.

Uninstalling MC won't remove the registry key(s) MC uses to check if it had been previously installed.  This "feature" is common to all key-based trial software packages.  (Otherwise, anyone could bypass the trial-ware limitation simply by uninstalling and reinstalling.)

So your only option is to either test out MC on some other computer, or better yet, just purchase it blindly.  (MC is fantastic software, so this really isn't that big of a risk. :))
Pages: [1]   Go Up