INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync for export plugin?  (Read 995 times)

gregoryx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama eater!
Sync for export plugin?
« on: August 29, 2004, 04:26:23 pm »

I'm looking for a way to have MC9/10/11 (I own both 9 and 10 now on different systems) export converted versions of all my APEs to MP3 automatically.

The purpose for this is to have a ready-to-use group of files for pushing to my iPaqs or upcoming car-based MP3 player.

Ideally, I'd like to have two folders full - one of lower bit-rates (96k or something like that) and another of higher (160k or higher) for the two different purposes and different cases.

Is there something made for this? Or am I looking at manual? Is there a way to have it not re-try ones that are already there at least?

I've been searching for a couple of hours - I know, not enough - and thought I'd take a poke at someone knowing of a plugin or other method that would help automate this task. Seeing how long it took to try to convert 10K songs from APE to MP3 to fit on an iPod (it said they'd fit! ;D) looked like it would take DAYS to do... and I'd rather just have them constantly sitting there already converted.

Thanks, all!

miked

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Sync for export plugin?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 04:51:17 pm »

If I was going to do something like that, I would probably use dBpowerAMP converter with the file selector addon to select a whole directory tree to convert at once.  It could give you two copies of your files in different bit rates
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

You could then have two different MC libraries at the different bit rates.

I havn't used it for over a year so my memory of it's capabilities might be flawed.

Mike

gregoryx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama eater!
Re:Sync for export plugin?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 07:48:05 pm »

That could work!

I'd still prefer something native / plug-in to MC if anyone has any other ideas.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up