INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import from Ipod to computer  (Read 1426 times)

seawolf

• Change this by choosing profile
Import from Ipod to computer
« on: August 30, 2004, 06:55:19 pm »

Hello all -

I have tried searching several strings, and not found any messages on the board that address this - so if it was indeed covered elsewhere, please simply drop a link.

I had to reformat my computer due to some software issues, and unfortunately was not able to back up my music files before doing so.  I do, however, have them all on my iPod.

What I'd like to do is use the iPod to replace the songs that were wiped on my harddrive.

I've tried doing a sync in MC, with the boxes "sync data to MC" and "all files" checked - no help.  I've tried right clicking the iPod and choosing "Rebuild Database from Handheld Player" - nada.

Can someone please give some guidance?  Thanks.

Here is the info from MC:

Media Center Registered 10.0.155 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 597 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 514 MB, Free - 246 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: TOSHIBA  DVD-ROM SD-R2312   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Import from Ipod to computer
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 12:38:53 pm »

seawolf,

Try clicking on the iPod drive letter and then right click on the displayed files in the right pane and select 'Download to PC'.  This will copy the files to your PC and then you will need to import the files into MC.  You can then use MC to organize the files into folders based on tag info.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up