INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Archos GMini Problem w/ Latest Handheld driver  (Read 2791 times)

ageyfman

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Archos GMini Problem w/ Latest Handheld driver
« on: August 31, 2004, 02:31:41 am »

Hi,

I have been using Media Center since the early betas of 9 and it's AWESOME! Everything has been working for be just fine, until today. I upgraded to the latest version of the software (.155 I believe) and my GMini stopped working. I am not sure whether it was the upgrade or it was something else, but whenever I click on the drive letter of the GMini (E:) the program pops up a message that says: "The parameter is invalid." The heading of the message is hh.... (I think it's hh_portable.dll). The same happens when I right click on the drive and go to Synchronize - again, something that worked before all of this. I tried to upgrade to the latest version of the hh_portable file, to no avail. please help!!! I'd love to get my GMini working again! thanks!

-Anatoly

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Archos GMini Problem w/ Latest Handheld driver
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 12:41:31 pm »

Anatoly,

If you are running MC 10 please get version 10.0.161 from here.....

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=22999

Do not install any plugin in regards to Portables, 10.0.161 has all you need.

Steve

ageyfman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 03:52:59 pm »

Thanks Steve! Upgraded to .161, have the handheld driver version 9.0.126. Same behavior. This used to work PERFECTLY before, and I just haven't sync'd in about 2 month, but when I try to now, it simply doesn't work. Please help me out, if you've had this issue before! thanks!

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 04:42:15 pm »

Anatoly,

I have not had this issue before. What is the volume label for your player as reported by Windows?

Steve

ageyfman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 05:27:25 pm »

JUKEBOX (E:)

windows detects it, but for some reason, I cannot sync it.

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 09:46:43 am »

Has this volume label changed recently? Try renaming it to GMINI and see if that changes the behavior.

Steve

ageyfman

• Recent member
Re: Archos GMini Problem w/ Latest Handheld driver
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 11:19:26 pm »

I fixed the problem a while back, and I just wanted everyone else who is having this problem a in on a fix:

This error is caused by a corrupted database on the device. You have to delete the Media Center database that MC put on the device. It is usually located in the root of the device (E:\ or the like). Once you do this, Media Center will attempt to recreate the database, and hopefully, won't put any errors in it.

I hope it works out!

-Anatoly

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 02:35:55 pm »

Anatoly,

Thanks for the update. You can also initiate a recreation of the database from the right click menu on the root level of the device. 

The question is, why did the database get corrupted? I have not seen other reports of this so it is possibly something unique that you did.  Any clues? I wil double check the code for any possible safeguards I can add.

Steve

ageyfman

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 02:54:24 pm »

I have an idea about the corruption. I don't think it has anything to do with Media Center, rather, I think it's the device itself. There was also a file in the root directory that I couldn't delete (I had to do it through the device itself).

One more thing. I wish there was some kind of way to create an ArcLibrary database in Media Center. ArcLibrary is a custom database for the GMini player. It's a slick little DB that has a bunch of info about the files, divided by Artist/Album/Genre and other Tags. The only problem is that Music Match Jukebox is the only program that can compile this DB, and it's extremely slow!

-Anatoly

SteveG

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 10:47:51 am »

Anatoly,

Thanks for the update. What does the ArcLibrary DB add that we don't currently support?

Thanks,

Steve

ageyfman

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2004, 11:32:38 am »

Steve,

It's not exactly what it supports, but the fact that the only usable interface to go though the MP3 player is through this Arclibrary, and the little Arclibrary DB is the only source of info for this database. I am guessing all it might be is a serialized multimedia jukebox database ported to the GMini player. It has a tiny footprint (200K or so vs. 3.5M for MC DB), and I am sure it's not as verbose as the MC database.

-Anatoly

SteveG

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2004, 09:21:09 am »

Anatoly,

For us to create something more elegant, we will have to get this device and do some work. Perhaps in the future.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up