INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: synchronize defaults  (Read 1085 times)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
synchronize defaults
« on: August 31, 2004, 10:29:01 am »

I have 2 portable devices that I sync with MC.
I have version 10 registered and am testing 11, so you can answer for either version....

Device 1 shows up as K: and Device 2 shows up as L:

I have 6 playlists that I sync to K: and 1 playlist that I sync to L:    I also choose K: to sync back to MC (song ratings) but deselect this when syncing to L:.

Every time I sync to one of the devices, the sync settings default to whatever I did last time.  I have to manually check each time I sync and deselect the options I don't want when switching devices.

Is there any way to set this default on a per device basis?  So everytime I sync to K: it has the sync back to MC and the 6 playlists all checked and when I sync to L: it has the 1 playlist checked and everything else unchecked?

SteveG

Re:synchronize defaults
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 09:34:14 am »

The problem with this is that the drive letters will not always remain the same. I could tie the information to a volume label, but again, this is also changeable. We can revisit this later after the reworking of MC 11 is finished.

Steve

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 01:28:07 pm »

just FYI, the drive letters are always the same on my system.  Running Windows 2000.  I've gone into disk manager and assigned the drive letters to each device.

For example, I have physical hard drives with letters C, D, E, F.  DVD drive is G.  The ipod is H.  The other mp3 player is I.  A media card reader is J.  An then network drives continue after that.

If I were to boot up the computer without the ipod connected, it would simply skip assigning that drive letter, leaving me with C,D,E,F,G,  ,I,J.   If I were to then dock the ipod, it will get it's usual H drive assignment.

Anyway, whatever will work for the greatest number of people is best so I'll leave it at that.  (Can you tell I'm in the software industry from that statement?)

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 05:22:56 pm »

Anyway, whatever will work for the greatest number of people is best so I'll leave it at that.  (Can you tell I'm in the software industry from that statement?)

No, that is far too reasonable  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up