INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11 Timeout  (Read 1088 times)

snapperocks

• World Citizen
MC 11 Timeout
« on: August 31, 2004, 11:57:02 pm »

Because MC 11 has timed out and it won't open - how do I pay my $10.00 to upgrade. This I will be obliged to do if  I can't revert back to MC 10 without losing all information in my library.

I am a registered user of version MC 10 but I can't use it or 11 at the moment.
If I didn't want to upgrade to version 11 I never would have chosen to use it. I do think its a major step forward but I'm not happy about the sudden way this was done.  >:(

snapperocks
nlc

Dragyn

• Citizen of the Universe

you can't revert back.

I'm still on .70 for the time being. but I guess I'll have to upgrade tomorrow (today).  :P

yep, just as I thought...6mins after midnight and it timed out.. guess I'll go to bed now.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird

I think you don't have to worry. Just install the new version and it offers you to buy it. Actually you may have some tryout period. Can somebody confirm?

If you like to use MC 10 make sure that you have the latest version. Older versions may not be registered when MC 11 is installed (or unregistered, expired or something like that...). I had that problem on my work PC with 10.0.139 but 10.0.161 fixed it.

You can use MC 10 and MC 11 side by side (install to separate folders). They use separate libraries. Libraries are not compatible, but I suppose you can export playlists to MPL and MC 10 can read them and import all information.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:MC 11 Timeout
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 08:42:00 am »

If you install MC11.0.72 (or later) you'll have 30 days of free trial.

If you want to go back to MC10, you should be able to find backup data that MC11 made when you made the switch to MC11.  You'll find it in the application's data directory.  For example, in this directory:

C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 10\Data\[date of backup]
Pages: [1]   Go Up