INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preview graph has not been built  (Read 4346 times)

spetiot

• Change this by choosing profile
Preview graph has not been built
« on: September 01, 2004, 05:24:09 pm »

When I try to start the TV Tuner I get the following error message:

---------------------------------------------
PlaybankEng

Preview graph has not been built
---------------------------------------------

Can anyone help?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Preview graph has not been built
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 05:42:51 pm »

What video/TV card?

What version of MC?  You can copy your system info from MC Help and paste it here.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 07:59:45 pm »

Hi Jim;

I too see this message from time to time.  Usually closing down MC and reopening MC will get rid of it for awhile but sooner or later it will return; it seems to be random.

I am using an ATI A-I-W 9600 Pro.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 09:58:25 am »

This message indicates that initialization of the TV device has not been successful.

One common cause of it is that the TV device is in use by other programs, or had been in use and not properly released (could be previous instance of MC, or ATI MMC etc.).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

DocLotus

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 10:13:41 am »

Hi Yaobing;

One thing I've always wanted to know about TV is...

Are there any other programs other then the TV itself that uses these devices ?

For example, what other programs could use the TV device ?

When we talk about TV Device what actually is the device in question  ?

TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 09:01:53 am »

"TV Device" is a little loose a term. It is TV tuner plus video capture device. The error message discussed in this thread came from failed initialization of the video capture device.

As for what programs can use the device, they are mainly TV viewing/capturing programs, such as MC, and ATI MMC. Other programs such as Netmeeting may conceivably use it too, but you would know it if it does.

Without being able to reproduce on my system the error you have experienced, I cannot say for sure what was the cause.

DocLotus

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 09:45:23 am »

Thanks for the explanation. ::)

I had always thought that the Preview graph has not been built error was unique to MC as I do not recall seeing it when running only the ATI TV.

However, my ATI A-I-W 9600 Pro has a wonderful integrated FM radio tuner that is built right into the TV module (the little silver box on the video card).

What I am beginning to think is that the FM radio might be using the same device driver as the TV.  Also, this may be where the error message comes from; possibly a minor conflict between the FM radio and MC TV when switching from ATI FM radio back to MC TV.

It does not happen all the time, seems to be more random then anything. :P

What do you think ?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 03:42:12 pm »

I had always thought that the Preview graph has not been built error was unique to MC as I do not recall seeing it when running only the ATI TV.
You are right. It is unique to MC. I wrote it  :).
However, my ATI A-I-W 9600 Pro has a wonderful integrated FM radio tuner that is built right into the TV module (the little silver box on the video card).

What I am beginning to think is that the FM radio might be using the same device driver as the TV.  Also, this may be where the error message comes from; possibly a minor conflict between the FM radio and MC TV when switching from ATI FM radio back to MC TV.

It does not happen all the time, seems to be more random then anything. :P

What do you think ?

If you use FM radio in MC, then there should not be a conflict, If you use it in another program while trying to start TV in MC, there would be a problem.

DocLotus

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 03:51:30 pm »

I gave up long ago trying to make the FM radio work with MC.

I use the ATI FM radio program that came with my 9600 A-I-W video card.  It works great plus I can set schedules to make it automatically load when a desired FM program comes on.  It will mute MC TV before loading the FM radio. When I close the ATI FM Radio MC TV will come back on.

The same thing happens with the ATI TV.. I can bounce back and forth between the TV and FM Radio.  Very slick.

One thing though, I wish MC had direct FM radio support.  For me, that would make MC truly a multimedia player.
Pages: [1]   Go Up