INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ATI Remote Control  (Read 1050 times)

bubu

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
ATI Remote Control
« on: September 02, 2004, 11:35:19 am »

Hi,

is there a way to make the ATI All In Wonder Remote Controller with Media Center 10/11 ?

Is there any plugins to use it ? ATI All in Wonder Remote Conttrol is known to be X10 remote compatble... I tried with the X10 plugin bu I've only choices between COM[1-4]

Thx

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Re:ATI Remote Control
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 11:45:18 am »

It works fine.  I'm at the office so I can't give you any links, but there is a program that will let you program all the buttons on the ATI remote, so any keypress combo in MC you can duplicate on the remote.  Search the forum and you'll find the name of the program and the link.  It's in one of my posts....

bubu

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 01:06:24 am »

Ok Thx

I think you speak about Gird ? http://www.gird.nl or www.promixis.com

This seems to be a great program...

THX

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 02:30:18 am »

I'm running MC v9.0, so I don't know if the following will be true for your version.

All I had to do was open ATI's configure window and under the plugins tab check all the boxes (multimedia center library, powerpoint, winamp2), then under the options tab, load on startup.

That's it. I didn't have to load any plugins into MC. All the settings are done in ATI. All the remote functions work.

I do remember a thread a while back about there being a difference in the remotes themselves and it may depend on which version of the ATI remote you have, you'll have to do a search on that or maybe someone will come along that remembers this topic.

You shouldn't need Girder, unless you want to do more advanced things besides the basic remote function - there are also programable keys on the remote.

Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 03:39:21 pm »

Girder is WAY more complicated than you need for basic remote control functions.  The plugin I was thinking of is KeyFactory, here's the link:
http://remotew.free.fr/plugins.htm#rwkey
Pages: [1]   Go Up