INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible MJ plugin?? Can it be done?  (Read 915 times)

Glen

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Cool.
Possible MJ plugin?? Can it be done?
« on: November 06, 2002, 03:22:03 am »

Would it be possible to create a plugin/accessory program that would use a speech recognition engine to control MJ? There seem to be a few programs on the market for voice typing, but how to get a spoken command to go to MJ is the question.
Any thoughts??
Glen.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Possible MJ plugin?? Can it be done?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2002, 04:46:31 am »

Voice recognition done right (accurate) is VERY difficult to program. I doubt anyone would even attempt it....and there's no need. General purpose voice recognition programs already exist that can control any Windows apps. IBM ViaVoice & Dragon Naturally Speaking are examples.

There could be problems. Imagine what your computer would think if you were listening to Diana Ross - "STOP in the Name of Love", or to Dave Matthews - "CRASH into Me".

Xenno

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2002, 06:15:47 am »

i have tryed to code a plugin like that but it was to hard but i got it to recognice a clap hehe but thats not good enough

~SBrandsborg
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)
E-Mail: steffen@sbrandsborg.dk

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2002, 07:07:51 am »

::)
Actually, I wrote one for a simple music player I coded using VB and MS voice recognition drivers.  I immediately canned the program.  The problem was that once you started playing music, the program used so much ram trying to understand the music that it bogged my system to a crawl.  Plus the background music caused the Voice Recognition engine to not be able to understand a single thing I said.  I guess the only way around this is to not start your music (kinda defeats the purpose), use headphones, or wait untill someone invents a thought recognition program.  The real sad part was that I lost all the code when my DH crashed last spring!  
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up