INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT-mns,aol,yahoo browsers  (Read 1071 times)

zevele10

OT-mns,aol,yahoo browsers
« on: November 02, 2002, 08:53:33 am »

Here is something i do not understand.
Why this 3 internet acces providers oblige you to use they browsers?

Other internet providers do not,they just give you acces and pop3 mail.

Because they channel advertisements  throught they browsers?
If the answer is yes why people stupid enought to take an internet provider\browser who is not cheaper than others and drown you in advertisements?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: OT-mns,aol,yahoo browsers
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2002, 01:42:59 pm »

Hi Zevele,

On the carpool ride home this week, JimH and I saw a truck.It was about 20 feet long (not a huge truck) and had an enclosed box on the back (not an open bed). The box had rotating billboards on both sides and the end.
These billboards are made up of strips a couple of inches wide, and the strips rotate 120 degrees every few seconds to show a different side. This gives 3 ads in the same spot as 1. We've had these along the highway for years (and I saw them in Spain 8 years ago), but I've never seen one on a truck before.

j

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2002, 03:01:47 pm »

Je croix qu'il dit "get used to it", c'est la futur.  Aucun des homme, n'importante qui, on marchera partout avec les avertissements sur le dos.  

C'est notre reponsibilite a dormir.

Est-ce que tu peut voir la femme a gauche?

zevele10

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2002, 04:47:55 am »

I do not see la femme a gauche.

I saw,long ago such trucks in the streets of Paris.Small trucks ,driving not fast and they sole usage was to show the billboards.
Here they put hudge TV screens at crossroads.If one day you drive 10 minutes here you would understand the crazy thing it is.Of cause they look at the screen and...boom.

Many people have advertissements on them.And they pay for it -Tshirt nike ,shirt malboro and so one.

Do i have to understand that the only 'raison d'etre' of browsers such as aol,yahoo,msn is to chanel more advertissemet to you?

Here we do not have such a thing.But ADSL is expensive for  mediocre service concerning speed and reliable.
Will move to cable soon,not better ,still expensive and mediocre.
But i will not have to log in ,to close computer and moden every 5 hours to get speed back,and when listening to music and downloading ,i will not have a noise in the music at each new download starting.
All this nice things are substandart ADSL PPPOe related.
Pages: [1]   Go Up